NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Welcome to Phoenix FRC

1EvilC5

Welcome to Thomas :howdy

Glad to see you registered. Now introduce yourself to the rest of the folks.

Post some pictures, and check out the events section. Hope to see you soon at an event.

Phil... :devil

Phoenix FRC

Thanks for the friendly welcome Phil, I appeciate it.

Just for the quick & dirty introduction.

I'm 40 years old, wife & 2 kids, daughter 9 & son will be 7 next month.

I just bought my first Vette, it's a 2000 FRC, it had 24700 miles on it when I bought it last February.

It's Nassau Blue as you'll see in my sig.

I was looking at CNV corvettes in Tempe and they just didn't have what I was looking for and the prices.. well... I found this car in florida, these are the pics that I was looking at when I first started talking with the sellers.

http://www.fototime.com/ftweb/bin/ft.dll/p...C-32F895C5F576}

The car checked out clean with carfax and my friend at a GM dealer so I bought it sight un-seen and had it shipped to AZ.

I knew I wanted the pre-Z06 weight reduction car because it came standard with the Z51 & 385 HP from the factory but I didn't realize the car was base all the way, it doesn't even have a CD player :rolleyes The seats.. including the drivers seat is manual operation but I'm plenty ok with it because it never gets adjusted anyway...

I bought the Corsa pace car sport exhaust before the car even arrived. This is the third Corsa system I've owned so that was an easy choice.

So I installed the Corsa and figured out what everyone was talking about with the popping sound on decelleration, so I order the Corsa X pipe, it's laying on the floor in my garage right now, maybe it will get installed Sunday afternoon. That sounds like the perfect Easter Sunday afternoon activity :lol

I also have a Vararam sitting in my garage waiting to be installed.

Yep, if you haven't guessed by now, I'm a hands on do-er.

I must have gotten into the Vette scene at the right time because I have seen header prices drop about $300 bones in the last month. I want to get some headers ordered and installed before it gets hot but TSP is the only place I have found geaders with Ceramic coating. I don't understand the stainless steel thing with the Vette headers. maybe if I ived in NY but how many Vette owners daily drive the Vette in NY anyway..?

If TSP had those sweet looking headers with the air tube I'd buy them today. I'm open to tips on getting a good set of long tubes Jet-hot coated if anyone has connections.

If I really get tired of waiting I'll get some of those LG street long tubes with the cats. Those are sweet looking headers, I just don't like that X pipe they have on the street series headers so I go from the cats to my Corsa X pipe.

I have been a car club members for a long time in the Pontiac Grand Prix land I founded the Portland Grand Prix Club and when I moved to AZ in October 2004 I was well received in the local Grand Prix club.

I race that Pontiac at Firebird frequently and I have raced many Corvettes too.

Here is a Nice Pic of my Pontiac getting front wheel burnout.

Thomas%2012.258@112.07.jpg

I'll send a few pics to click & look at once I get some good ones. I'm just not very satisfied with the pictures that I have taken so far.

I look forward to meeting some members that like to wrench on the cars.

I'll be seen surfing & posting in the forums here at Arizona Vette.net, I'm really happy that I found a foum here.

My mother works in new car sales at Chapman Chevy in Tempe and that's where DCA has the monthly meetings and I have been to two of the so far but I'm just not clicking, I think I'll be more at home here.

Sorry about the blabbing :)

Very Cool Introduction Thomas :thumbs

By the description of your cars and what you want to do to it, it sounds like you will fit right in here.

Check out Steve - Uvettya (forum name) he recently just had some headers installed on his Z06. He did quite a bit of research just about a month or so ago.

The group is very knowledgable when it comes to Corvettes.

Just keep reading away and jump right in.

Until we meet. Keep :burnout

Phil.... :devil

Great intro Thomas and I love the Vette! :thumbs

You know for $3k or $4k you can have it painted black and you'll really fit into this group. J/K I love the color and if I had it to do over I'd probably get Nassau Blue myself. The wife and I both have admired the color.

For the most part this group is a bunch of DIY'ers so don't be afraid to ask for help. We have what we call Corvette Saturdays or lately Reverend Andrew has been hosting services at his place on Corvette Sundays. Whoever wants to gets together and helps each other with projects. The last one was changing fluids in the tranny and rearends.

Hopefully we'll see you out at one of our events soon! :howdy

Phoenix FRC
Great intro Thomas and I love the Vette!  :thumbs

You know for $3k or $4k you can have it painted black and you'll really fit into this group.  J/K  I love the color and if I had it to do over I'd probably get Nassau Blue myself.  The wife and I both have admired the color. 

For the most part this group is a bunch of DIY'ers so don't be afraid to ask for help.  We have what we call Corvette Saturdays or lately Reverend Andrew has been hosting services at his place on Corvette Sundays.  Whoever wants to gets together and helps each other with projects.  The last one was changing fluids in the tranny and rearends. 

Hopefully we'll see you out at one of our events soon!  :howdy

It's funny you would say that because all of my other cars and my truck is team black. My wife was asking why the strange looking blue? She doesn't really like it. She has been asking me to paint it but even if I did I might go for a Cranberry Blue just because all of the underhood stuff is blue.

Anyway, I used to host the Mod days often in the Grand Prix club so I'll be offering to host one here pretty soon.

I would love to come on a Saturday, like I said I have some stuff to get installed.

Anyway... I'll see you on the boards! :thumbs

Interesting that your heritage is from the Grand Prix. Several of us here came from a Grand Prix to the Vette. I had a 99 and 02 GP GTP before the Vette. Steve (Uvettya) has one as his daily driver.

Phoenix FRC

Yep, small world huh?

I still have the Grand Prix, I'm not going to take a hugh loss on it so I'll keep it for burning gas & rubber at Firebird and the Vette is a daily driver that will also get some mods, not nearly as many as the Pontiac.

I also have one of those Ford 150 Harley Davidson special eddition trucks but I just don't need three cars so I think I'll sell the truck.

If you guys have trouble with or need help with the Grand Prix's let me know. I also have HP tuners for a 1998 GTP.

Later, :burnout

Great intro Thomas and I love the Vette!  :thumbs

You know for $3k or $4k you can have it painted black and you'll really fit into this group.  J/K   I love the color and if I had it to do over I'd probably get Nassau Blue myself.  The wife and I both have admired the color. 

For the most part this group is a bunch of DIY'ers so don't be afraid to ask for help.   We have what we call Corvette Saturdays or lately Reverend Andrew has been hosting services at his place on Corvette Sundays.  Whoever wants to gets together and helps each other with projects.  The last one was changing fluids in the tranny and rearends. 

Hopefully we'll see you out at one of our events soon!  :howdy

It's funny you would say that because all of my other cars and my truck is team black. My wife was asking why the strange looking blue? She doesn't really like it. She has been asking me to paint it but even if I did I might go for a Cranberry Blue just because all of the underhood stuff is blue.

Don't change a nice color like that - very cool color. I was looking for a C4 with the like.

Welcome aboard - hope to meet you soon and see the mod's.

Michael

Guest XLR8TNC5

Wow, awesome introduction and beautiful car. I nearly bought a Nassau Blue before I ended up with my black C5. The only thing that stopped me was I could not find time to drive to Cali to look at it. lol.

I think you are right, you will fit in nicely here. I have a 1998 C5 and my hubby is "SIDEWINDER" on here with a 2001 Z06. His is newly acquired however.

Love that you love the track, no strangers here in that regard that is for dang sure.

Hope to meet you soon at an event. Best wishes.

Tanya

"I knew I wanted the pre-Z06 weight reduction car because it came standard with the Z51 & 385 HP from the factory but I didn't realize the car was base all the way, it doesn't even have a CD player The seats.. including the drivers seat is manual operation "

Welcome, you car should be 350hp, 385hp didn't come around until 2001 Z06 model year.

Have one of 500 99FRC's that came with HUD, power driver seat, dual climate, and CD changer. Welcome to the FRC club!

Keith

Guest XLR8TNC5
Welcome, you car should be 350hp, 385hp didn't come around until 2001 Z06 model year.

:agree Oh yeah, I meant to tell you that in your Welcome as well. Thanks for reading my mind Keith. lol...

Tanya

I once had a 94 GP, perfectly ergonomically designed car....still regret getting rid of her.

Welcome to A.C.E., The Nassau Blue FRC is the exact car, color and all that I was going to get before I got my GS. I wanted the magnesium wheels though (just cuz they look oddly different with the nas. blue body) Anyway welcome aboard and good luck with the vette' Joe.

Phoenix FRC

Bummer.. :banghead That's 35hp. :huh

Anyway....

Thanks for the warm greeting and the C5 advice, now I'll have to bolt on 35hp to make up for my losses. :lol

BTW, I like the Nassau Blue, it has a purple-ish hewgh to it. I like.. :thumbs

Guest XLR8TNC5

Damn, I keep coming back to look at your car. I LOVE THAT COLOR!!! I can't wait to see it in person! If you want to bolt on a quick 35 hp, call Mike at AZ Power and Sound. He can hook you up!

T

Phoenix FRC
Damn, I keep coming back to look at your car. I LOVE THAT COLOR!!! I can't wait to see it in person! If you want to bolt on a quick 35 hp, call Mike at AZ Power and Sound. He can hook you up!

I appreciate the comments, I like that color too. I don't know what gives it that purple-ish pearl look but it looks best in the shape and like the Dupont illusions color it's a little different depending on the angle.

AZ Power & Sound.

I was thinking I'd do that after installing headers.

I still have the Vararam and the Corsa X pipe to install, when is the next Mod day?

I will be at the cup race this Saturday so 4/22 won't work out.

Basically I'd like to get the on-hand mods installed before I get a tune just so they will be optimised in the tuning.

What are the rates for AZP&S? Thanks,

Hello Thomas,

Welcome to the forum. That was a fantastic intro and its nice to see that the Corvettes did come in other colors other than black.

Can't wait to meet up with you at one of the events. If you ever need to have us get together on a Sunday, put it on a thread and we'll get the Seery ramps ready....

The pic of the Pontiac is fantastic.

Andrew

:burnout |

_________ :burnout __

Guest UVETTYA

Welcome from Surprise Thomas. :howdy

I have a 2001 GTP and I've been to a few GP mod days, but it was a few years ago. My GP has a PCM, Thrasher CAI, 3½" pulley, 3" exhauhst w/RT cats. It's best is a 13.9@99.

A guy named Brian used to have a GP and he went to the dark side (Mustang) about 3 yrs ago. I bought a Z06 about that same time and gave the GP to my wife as a work car and I haven't done anything with the GP or the group since. I think someone named Paul kept a website going, but I haven't been there for 3 yrs either.

Steve

Even better than the picture of his GP is hearing it make a pass down the drag strip! The blower whine has to be rather distracting to the driver in the other lane.

Phoenix FRC
Even better than the picture of his GP is hearing it make a pass down the drag strip! The blower whine has to be rather distracting to the driver in the other lane.
:lol I like it... :smilelol

Alright Kipp, now you got me motivated.

Please feel free to enjoy a small vid of my GTP in the far lane running with a beautiful C6 in the near lane.

GTP vs C6, not such a good run either.

This is one that will let you feel the love of the blower whine during the burnout mostly.

12.39@109

Here is another nice vid just for fun... makes me want to go to Firebird to burn some gas and rubber. :lol

12.410@109 and having fun...

Not bad huh? I don't know what the deal was with the C6, maybe it was a first timer, maybe trying to take it easy on the car, maybe having trouble shifting... you just never know.?.!.???

Anyway, I can't wait until my Vette will be faster then my 4 door "Grand Pa" Grocery getter Pontiac :P

Anyone want to go to Firebird anytime soon?

I haven't run my Vette yet.. That's nearly a crime. ;)

Great intro Thomas and I love the Vette! :thumbs

You know for $3k or $4k you can have it painted black and you'll really fit into this group. J/K

:agree and welcome from Peoria! :howdy Sweet cars! :thumbs