Cleaning "A" Arms & Such Other Aluminum

Grape Ape

Just have a question about cleaning the aluminum "A" arms and the other stuff under the car. What is the best product to clean this area? I know degreaser would probably work and a brush of some sort. Adams makes a general cleaning solution that I thought might work but would like to use something that would get them to look almost new again. Any suggestions or what have you had the best luck with?

Just have a question about cleaning the aluminum "A" arms and the other stuff under the car. What is the best product to clean this area? I know degreaser would probably work and a brush of some sort. Adams makes a general cleaning solution that I thought might work but would like to use something that would get them to look almost new again. Any suggestions or what have you had the best luck with?

I use Simple Green and an old toothbrush.

On Sunnie I used diluted Simple Green and it seemed to work well. Are you considering polishing those items? If so make sure you have access to a lift...it's a lotta work, right Scratch???

I use Simple Green and an old toothbrush.

X2...and if you want to polish I recommend Mothers Aluminum Polish - it IS the shizzle'!

Not planning on doing any polishing in that area. Just want to get some of the guke off and make them pretty again. I thought simple green turned aluminum dark after a while? Or is that at full strength?

fourseventeen

yup I to use simple green diluted down 50/50...spray it on, let it sit for 15 mins then pressure washer to rinse it off.

I always preferred surface conditioning discs, then a good buff :lol

Posted Image

NOW you're cookin' with Crisco!

Been wanting to that on Donnas' underside!

Most of the time I just spray sthe dirty area with H20 to get stuff wet, then spray Simple Green let it soak for a couple minutes and re-rinse. It does dull finishes if you leave it on too long or let it dry - but polish takes care of that.

NICE PIC!

I always preferred surface conditioning discs, then a good buff :lol

Posted Image

With a lift of course...I love that shot!

Really???? Really???? You don't expect everyone to leave that alone do you? :facepalm:

Really???? Really???? You don't expect everyone to leave that alone do you? :facepalm:

:smilelol

Guest gtmotor

Posted Image

Wow.....

x2... that is amazing!

I usually just use car wash soap with a brush if it's just slightly dirty. If it's bad I will use a pressure washer.

Wow.....

Yeah, Mofo's ride was pretty sanitary, to bad he's to stubborn to get another one!!! :lol

Chemicals are bad for your vehicle. The chemicals dry out any rubber and hoses. The best is to use a steam machine which uses water and heat. Do any touch ups with mild soap and water.

I use car wash soap and water and a green 3M scrub pad. Here is my story. I was lazy one day and thought I would try Turtle Wax wheel cleaner (Big Mistake) Long story shor. It made all of the aluminum that it touched look chalky. I hit them with a 3m pad, and they shined up nicely. Not bling shiny, but clean shiny Rob