Reaching out for help

Loud Pedal

I got more, but his beef isn't with me. Terribly tacky to come pleading to the "Court of Public Opinion" without doing your homework and without telling 90% of the story... It's a sure way to get your dick slammed in the door. :)

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jstrutt

• Loud Pedal

• AZhitman

• Blue Angel Vette

have had several clients that were mortorgage brokers during the 2005, ,06, 07, 08 hey day.

50% of them were real scumbags. Seriously shady people that falsfied documents to get loans to go through to take advantage of uninformed people.

as I type, I recall they were impossible to deal with, never told the complete story, and made a lot of noise. Because they had flash (fancy cars, clothes ect) lots of people listen to them and thought "thats normal behavor for a wealthy business owner. right?"

they are all gone now, blaming someone else for their woes.

sounds familar....

who would buy a home loan through Way2fast Loans?

that just screams "ripoff"

my 2 cts

Wow..I havent been on in a couple days and I sign in and see this thread and the other related ones. All I got to say is LPM has a lot more patience then I would have had! They have a business to run and shop space is important to how they run their business. I would have given him a "reasonable" amount of time to get his shit together with the parts. I know it takes a decent amount of time to build a good motor. (It would be nice to hear from the builder to see how much he was jerked around) Regardless after 3 or 4 months at the most I would be wanting to clear my floor space for other projects. I would have put a dead line on it and if the parts didn't come by that time come pick it up on a flatbed and bring it back when you have your shit together. In my opinion LPM went above and beyond what they should have done. He needs to get over it! Either get it fixed and drive it or sell the damn thing! :chris

I MAY have found another source who might be willing to testify that our little friend attempted to defraud his insurance company with respect to the damage to the red Vette (which occurred during a sanctioned motorsports event, thereby rendering his policy null and void).

Forgot to mention I know a couple guys he used to run around with, and I'm a Special Investigator in my 9-to-5.

Oh, and I'm a bit of an asshole. :)

...and I'm a Special Investigator in my 9-to-5.

Nice...

Your an official ACEhole now :thumbs

Blue Angel Vette

I MAY have found another source who might be willing to testify that our little friend attempted to defraud his insurance company with respect to the damage to the red Vette (which occurred during a sanctioned motorsports event, thereby rendering his policy null and void).

Forgot to mention I know a couple guys he used to run around with, and I'm a Special Investigator in my 9-to-5.

Awesome. When Flower Pot first posted here, I wanted to tell him about all the current and former law enforcement in ACE, and he wasn't realizing the can of whoop ass he was opening. But he is getting his education now. What a dumb ass.

I don't normally post on forums, but am a member on many.

This is just a sad situation where an honest shop owner has to defend himself from some jackass because the guy is not smart enough to take care of his own responsibilities.

To LPM, you have worked on my car in the past and I will continue to use you in the future, as well as recommend you to anyone needing the services of a quality high performance shop.

Thanks for all you do for the corvette community!

Patrick

Omg..That's hilarious.

Nice...

:withstupid

Guest Sidewinder

Well, after talking to Dave on the phone I will not be posting "the other side of it".

I did get a chuckle from some of the posts though :lol Good job!!

Yup, there a two sides to every story. It's ashamed that most people only hear one side of them.....................

But that's a whole 'nother ball of zaino....

Well, after talking to Dave on the phone I will not be posting "the other side of it".

Yup, there a two sides to every story. It's ashamed that most people only hear one side of them.....................

probably wise at this point ..... at least until there is resolve ....... then ..>???? :banannasword: :banannasword:

probably wise at this point ..... at least until there is resolve ....... then ..>???? :banannasword: :banannasword:

:yesnod

Ace if you mess with one you mess with all!

Reminds me of a time in Korea many moons ago. We were all at the club on base when a couple douche bags were trying to stir up trouble with one of our guys. We were all sitting down eating in a big crowd drinking some suds and good times.

Well, these two guys stepped up on our guy. When we all realized what was going those 2 douche bags found themsleves surrounded by about 30 aircraft maintainers not so much in a good mood anymore.

Needless to say they scampered away like scared puppies. :lol

• 2 weeks later...

OK... perhaps I haven't read all the threads but.... The guy keeps saying "LPM said that they wouldn't charge me storage fees".... My thoughts are that if that statement was made, it was when the expectation was (based on Flower Pots assurances) that the car would be there for a reasonable amount of time. Even after the "Bill was settled" there was stil an unreasonable amount of time that passed before the car was removed. DAVE.. anything needs doing to my car, you get the business. Anyone who cares about a bad customer this much (and I would have filed a lein and taken the car and made it into a flower pot for real) will most certainly take care of me!

Thanks guys! :ACE: I tried to make sure it was nothing but the facts and painted a clear picture of the nightmare that was this customer.

LPM in my mind was behond flexable with this customer. 1 year and 10 months is a hell of a long time to get a simple motor replaced. But we all know why, he is not a Man of taking care of business and settling his debts before getting into more messes. What the F was he doing buying another vehicle and getting parts for it? Not that I care what he is doing with his money but What the F....Not to mention he brings it to the place where his car Flower Pot has been sitting for ages. I say the guy is not only clueless but has lost his mind... Dave you were way to nice to this customer. If he would of asked me to work on another vehicle I would of been drilling him why he did not come and pick up his vehicle before we moved oh and you need to pay us for $ what ever LPM feels is resonable to charge and get your vehicle towed out of my shop NOW.... LPM ROCKS GREAT PEOPLE GREAT SERVICE

We were trying to avoid having somebody out there bad mouthing us ( right or wrong ). It looks like that was a fruitless effort. There was another job a long time ago that I ended up eating a $5000 short block on for the same reason. The motor was built improperly and it spun most of the main bearings but the vendor wouldn't stand behind their work, so we did. I'm thinking of making a desk out of the block. :lol For other reasons I won't get into, it didn't work out either and we got beat up pretty bad over it. Sometimes you just can't win but it isn't going to stop us from always trying to make things right and the customer happy. I learned some lessons from this experience and will definately be more diligent about ending a situation like this much sooner. I guess I just expected Preston to be grateful for all we had done for him instead of stabbing us in the back.

Nice...

And you haven't added that for a tag line?