Unique 62 Vette

ckaprolet

Saw this car last Saturday eve at the Pavillions in Scottsdale....had hoped for better pics but I only had my phone camera and it was dark. It is a 2004 Vette with a stretched and modified 62 body sitting on it. Has anyone seen this before? I am going to try and get back there this week to see if it is there again. Do any of you folks hang there ever?

post-2-1144322645.jpg

That vette belongs to Keith & Darlene..... From what I am told that is a $30k body kit... and they had his car for almost a year...

Not my cup of beer. :D

WOW!!! I didn't think I would ever hear THAT from Mark!!! :burnout Robert

Guest Kens06

I guess that after they streched the 1953 body on to a 2003 frame for the 50th anniversary deal, all years are open!!

After owning and driving the C2-C5 corvettes, would I want to put a C2 body on a C5 chassis, NEVER!!

You lose touch with the past!!

Old Corvettes are supposed to ride like buckboards, creak and rattle but look GREAT!!

That is what it is all about!!

I consider that part of the heritage!!

Ken

Blacksedan87

The car is a custom body kit manufactured by Classic Reflections Coachworks of Lakewood Washington. The body is a set of custom design panels designed by Boeing on their CAD system made out of material similar to the sheet molded composite used for the OEM panels on the C5 and C6. The cars are available in any color of your choice, it is meant to emulate a 1962 Corvette.

http://www.crcoachworks.com/

You provide a C5 convertible, and they return a turnkey automobile. The process costs about $45K plus the donor car.

The car in the photos is owned by Keith and Darlene as Glenn stated, but they've only had it back since about February. It has a Vette Essentials interior, custom Lowenhart wheels (19/20's) and a custom B&B exhaust with long tube headers. Soon it will also have a 3.73 rear end, and it has Kewl Smoothie engine compartment pieces. It is an extremely well engineered and assembled vehicle. It also has Dyna-Mat insulation.

Whether you like it or not, and whether you would consider doing it to your car is immaterial, you have to admire the craftmanship and design.

The car is a custom body kit manufactured by Classic Reflections Coachworks of Lakewood Washington. The body is a set of custom design panels designed by Boeing on their CAD system made out of material similar to the sheet molded composite used for the OEM panels on the C5 and C6. The cars are available in any color of your choice, it is meant to emulate a 1962 Corvette.

http://www.crcoachworks.com/

You provide a C5 convertible, and they return a turnkey automobile. The process costs about $45K plus the donor car.

The car in the photos is owned by Keith and Darlene as Glenn stated, but they've only had it back since about February. It has a Vette Essentials interior, custom Lowenhart wheels (19/20's) and a custom B&B exhaust with long tube headers. Soon it will also have a 3.73 rear end, and it has Kewl Smoothie engine compartment pieces. It is an extremely well engineered and assembled vehicle. It also has Dyna-Mat insulation.

Whether you like it or not, and whether you would consider doing it to your car is immaterial, you have to admire the craftmanship and design.

Thanks for all the details. I will check out the website.....I thought it was awesome! Old school look with all the modern conveinances. I was truly amazed at how well the parts all fit....I can dream!

Thanks