C5 Hud Dim at Times

Jester

Just wanted to see if anybody else has had this issue with their C5. Sometimes not always it seems that the heads up display is really dimm I have checked all the grounds any thoughts on this?

I know mine seemed really dim when the sun hit at certain angles. Any chance u bumped the dim adjustment?

I'm trying to fire up my way back machine... I recall a rare issue where the LED in the HUD simply get tired and start to fade. the only fix was to replace the HUD. :-( as I type... however if the brightness goes up and down it could be the dimmer control on the dash. The contacts inside may need to be cleaned. In the old days the the 'down n' dirty' way to clean a pot was with WD-40 and you simply moved the control 100 times.

I have the brightness control on high all the time I guess it could be that the slider needs to be cleaned I will give that a try as for the Sun I thought about that too but tried turning the car off and on a few times and it came back bright after about 3 restarts. Thanks for the input I will try come electrical contact cleaner on the brightness control and see if that helps. Thanks guys :thumbs