anybody got a welder

Togo

i THINK i may have lost a plate on the bottom of the car that supports the rollcage, as i was driving and i heard it hit underneath the car and heard the clanking on the street

luckily i was a block from home, so i pulled in, and walked over to fing a 3"x3" square plate about 1/4" thick

i'm not exactly sure if it came off the car, but to be safe, i'd like to pull it on on the ramps and have a look, and if so, get it welded back on!

i THINK i may have lost a plate on the bottom of the car that supports the rollcage, as i was driving and i heard it hit underneath the car and heard the clanking on the street

luckily i was a block from home, so i pulled in, and walked over to fing a 3"x3" square plate about 1/4" thick

i'm not exactly sure if it came off the car, but to be safe, i'd like to pull it on on the ramps and have a look, and if so, get it welded back on!

Chris,

How long can you wait for that? We can try to button it up Sunday during the oil change extraganza-we do have a welder. It won't be pretty, but at least you won't have to worry.

M~

i don't need it any time soon - my car isn't going to run 10's without the bottle GUARANTEED so i can wait - the only problem is that it's possible i'll be going out of town after the mystery cruise and won't be back until monday - but if i stay in town, then sunday it is!

i'm in the deer valley area - but - have car will travel! :D

the problem is, do you have ramps i can get my lowered C5 onto so we can get under it? :willy

Guest XLR8TNC5

Just use some DUCT tape, you will be fine! lol.

Actually, Im landing in Dallas last Friday and I look out the window as the air brakes come up on the wing and there it was, a shitload of Duct tape over some of the panels! I could not believe it! So,if it works for a plane doing 200mph, it should have no problem working for your car doing 200mph. lol.

Did you figure out where it came off of yet? Are you sure you didn't just run over something in the road and it bounced up, hit the underside and then clinked down the street as you drove over it?

Tanya

Actually, Im landing in Dallas last Friday and I look out the window as the air brakes come up on the wing and there it was, a shitload of Duct tape over some of the panels! I could not believe it! So,if it works for a plane doing 200mph, it should have no problem working for your car doing 200mph. lol.

Did you figure out where it came off of yet? Are you sure you didn't just run over something in the road and it bounced up, hit the underside and then clinked down the street as you drove over it?

Tanya

Tanya....what airline????

Tanya

well planes fly a whole lot faster than 200MPH i would think!

and i'm not really sure it came off my car - but i won't know until i get the car on those fancy pants ramps that bryan willed to A&M so i can have a look see

it did look as though it could have come from the car, but i saw no holes for bolt on, and no weld "spots" anywhere on this piece - but because of the size of it, i just assumed it came from under the roll bar.

but i saw no holes for bolt on, and no weld "spots" anywhere on this piece

Duh! That's probably why it fell off :D

but i saw no holes for bolt on, and no weld "spots" anywhere on this piece

Duh! That's probably why it fell off :D

:lol you're probably right - heck, if the same shop in texas that did the initial install on all the other parts i had removed did it, i would think it's about due to come out as well! :smilelol

DEER VALLEY!...Isn't Deer Valley on the other side of the state? :smilelol Anyway, I don't have ramps and the four stands I have are in use on my car still because I was doing some welding the other night. Sorry about that...