New stuff going on...

Donbecker

Hey,

I started last night with my latest improvement/fixit project...

Got the following removed:

1. Radiator

2. Radiator core support

3. Fan shroud

4. Fan

5. Waterpump

6. Timing cover

7. Timing chain / gears

The entire core support bottom was rusted thru.

I am replacing the radiator with a dewitts. Also have the dual 11" spaal fans coming as well.

Since I'm going electric, this opens up LOTS of room to try to do a cold air intake.

For those that don't know or forgot, I am running an 86ish TPI intake on my stock 76 350.

I have been using a K&N cone filter right on the front of the TPI. The top of the cone is right by the hood, so I don't think I'm getting enough air.

Also, my intake manifold air temp is around 178o or so once I'm warmed up.

So i am thinking if I can get air coming in from behind the black grills in the bumper, I will get some cooler, more dense air.

This leads me to the question... if I went to an electric water pump, could I find one that sticks out from the block less than the mech. water pump?

My current rough estimate for a down pipe from the TPI setup is 3".

I'll post some pics tonight.

-Don

yeah, but i just put one of Tom Dewitts' kids thru college lol.

did another dry fit of the intake tube last night, looks like the stock mech. water pump will fit just fine.

Got the timing cover and the oil pan cleaned up, installing the oil and timing stuff tonight.

I've dug back into mine. I've got new bushings, front coil springs, uprgraded sway bars (front and rear), new rotors, new front calibers, new brake hoses, ball joints, shocks, tie rods, and a new composite rear spring all sitting in boxs. I've only torn apart the front left suspension so far. :crazy I'm a lazy SOB.

Hey, after this week is up and mine is finished for the time being...

..let me know when you want a hand with yours.

I've done all the things that you're about to start doing and don't mind giving you a hand.

I have a good set of air tools (and sockets) so if you don't have that, you could use mine...

BTW, got the oil pan and timing cover on yesterday. Got the balancer on and stripped one of the bolts. Ack.

-Don

Well, finished wiring the fans and all seems to be good. We'll see if I can make it to work and back tomorrow.

On a side note, my 74 A/C compressor gave out during the initial startup of the car...appears to be unrelated at the moment.