Doesnt anybody detail anymore?

LMBZ4ME

fourseventeen

Hey if someone wants to detail ill open my garage up ;) I could always use someone to help keep these new wheels clean...they are a pain!

I'd like to but I'm working first thing in the morning and by the time the sun goes down I'm a half bottle of wine in...

We'll have to find Robert and kick him in the butt so he can start his class's this fall, I know I can always learn something new!

Gang, I have been so consumed by this boat, man does it take up hundreds of hours of time out of my schedule. I think there is light at the end of the tunnel. Once this boat is done, I will be done with major projects for a while. I agree the detailing school needs to open. If you see my car you will swear that car is not WISHBONE'S because it has been neglected from sitting outside and lack of washing. That is why I need to get this boat done instead of dragging it on longer. We will be getting into full detail swing this fall when the heat is not over 90 degree's.

fourseventeen

well will you hurry up! This is gonna sound nuts but some of you know I owned an auto detail business for about 10 years BUT I only did the basic stuff personally. I had an employee who was really good with buffing so I never really had to do it. I would like to learn to be better skilled at high speed polishing & getting water spots out LOL. I have these pesky water spots on my hood (they are barely seen but bug the crap out of me)

Water spots are real easy to get out. The easiest method is to use a 50/50 mix of distilled water and denatured alcohaul. After that is done go over it with your detail spray and claybar. Whammo problem solved, easy cheezy.

fourseventeen

Water spots are real easy to get out. The easiest method is to use a 50/50 mix of distilled water and denatured alcohaul. After that is done go over it with your detail spray and claybar. Whammo problem solved, easy cheezy.

Alcohol huh? Never thought or heard of that one. We always used Vinegar 50/50 with soapy water. Seemed to do the trick most of the time BUT I tried it on my ride and no dice. Ill try the alcohol and water method....and a good coat of wax after and we will see what happens.

well will you hurry up!

Well, once the wife's checks start rolling in and I can save up for it. :thumbs

AnMRacing willing to host a Detail Day on August 1st. Any takers?????? I'll post an event if any ACE holes want to do it up. There is plenty of room to do multiple cars.

fourseventeen

AnMRacing willing to host a Detail Day on August 1st. Any takers?????? I'll post an event if any ACE holes want to do it up. There is plenty of room to do multiple cars.

You got an air conditioned garage? If so im in lol. :partydance:

I usually don't wax in the summer as the surface is too hot and the wax doesn't adhere well. I'm sure that Eddie and I can do the two garage combo again in the fall.twice as many cars, twice as fast.

It is just way too F*&^ing HOT right now to detail anything! :devil10: (except maybe the water line in my pool. . .)

Yes its a/c’d just not insulated plus we have the swamp cooler for the second garage. Consensus is that it’s too hot, and I agree. Maybe we’ll host when it starts getting cooler out.

Yes its a/c’d just not insulated plus we have the swamp cooler for the second garage. Consensus is that it’s too hot, and I agree. Maybe we’ll host when it starts getting cooler out.

That is great you have an AC garage. As long as you keep the temp within range you are good to wax. But my garage is F@$% hot 100 degrees pluss and is in no shape ready to do any detailing or waxing. I plan on doing sessions in the fall here once the temps go way down, but if you want to rack up your ac and electric bill for a detailing day we can all come to your house. :banannarainbow: