Don?t buy a top from Mid America Motorworks

MOTV8

I?ll be taking my business elsewhere. My wife ordered our new top, black instead of oak, as a present this past X-mas. The label on the box says ?98-02" convertible top, so I think it?s all good. Time passes, as I source my weatherstrip pieces from Fred Beans and order some new seat covers from leatherseats.com. Then we find out we ARE getting a tax refund, so I call up Verdones in Scottsdale to get the car in for the make-over. I dropped the car and parts off Friday morning, but I get a call from Todd at Verdones as soon as I get home, saying it?s the wrong top, its for a ?94-?96 C4. There?s even a label on the box from the manufacturer stating so. It?s partially hidden by Mid America?s erroneous label which says ??98-?02.? :banghead I call Mid America, and proceed to argue with the 18 year old female customer service rep for about 20 minutes. She wants me to have Verdones ?measure? the top they sent. Todd at Verdones tells me he knows the guy at the manufacturers?, and the guy has given Todd the exact part number to have Mid America look for in their fabulous warehouse. Why would he measure a C4 top? Back to the young girl...she relents finally, and puts me through to a guy in ?tech.? I give him the manufacturer part number of both the wrong top they sent, and the right one I need. He sees the error. Its mis-labeled, he says. Yes, I say. :huh His solution is to have me use my credit card to ?buy? the correct top, and then return the wrong one. Okay, fine. Ship it straight to Verdones, overnight. Okay. Apologies. Thank you?s. I call Verdones, expect it Monday, Tuesday at the latest. Okay.

Monday morning, no package.... I call Mid America, and am assured the right top did ship out, for delivery Tuesday morning. Fine. :toetap

Tuesday, no package....Mid America says they?ll get in touch with Fedex, but...

Wednesday, the top arrives...at my home in Peoria, about 40 miles across the Valley from Scottsdale and my car. The wife has the truck, at work. I have my crotch-rocket. I call Mid America and vent, sorry little girl, and receive the condolences of the customer service manager. She wants to have Fedex come by Thursday to pick up the box. I tell her no thanks, I?ll take it from here, they?ve done enough. :cuss I vent some more. She says ?what would you like me to do?? I bite my tongue... :mad but then I advise her that I?m gonna post all this. Pause. She wants to send me a gift certificate.... I guess so I can order more mis-labeled parts. Fine.

I ride the ?cycle to the wife?s work, take the truck back home and pick up the top, then drive across the valley to Verdones. Apologies to Todd for leaving my car stuck in his already busy and crowded shop. This was supposed to be done last Friday.

But I did remember to take the ?before? pictures for the obligatory and upcoming ?before & after? post, once I get her back! On a related subject, does that ?Just for Men? really get the grey out? :D

Guest Sidewinder

That sux man! Don't take this the wrong way but the first image to pop into my head was you on your Zed-X9 with that top flapping in the wind down 101 like Superman. :D

F-Mid America!!!

Guest Kens06

I've had more than one run in with Mid-America!!

If they would spend as much money on training their workforce as they do on pushing their magazine sized sales brochure's this kind of stuff would be less frequent!!

I won't buy from them!!

Ken

I hope you have better luck with leatherseats.com! They were great with mine. They promised 4 wks and it was just over 2 wks. Everything was as promised and that was designing the seats over the phone w/o pics. Glad I didn't buy them from MidAmerica now! :willy

Hey I like thongs as much as the next guy, but when I am looking for corvette parts, I'm looking for corvette parts...

3,503 lbs of trouble
I won't buy from them!!

Only thing I bought from them was a twist knob type battery disconnect switch for my C3. It was a P.O.S. Even when fully tightened it always made a poor intermittent connection. My volt gauge would jump everywhere, and I'd go start the car and get a brief click, then nothing. I'd have to reach behind the seat into the battery compartment and "jiggle" it when I'd turn the key to get the ar to start! Removing and replacing the actual cable from the battery with a wrench every time I took the car out was far less a hassle that using their P.O.S. part so I removed it. The cost of shipping didn't make returning it worth it, so I was out $20. When my garage was burglarized that switch was one of the items the stole, and the only thing I didn't actually miss!