NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Question

Guest chad@xtreme

Its my car.. The guys name is Rob.. I challenged him again to go to speedworld... He said that he cant drive his truck that far. He beat me fair and square.. I missed 2nd gear.. I have a set of slicks that will be here on thursday... I definitely want a rematch. :burnout

Guest 93AZ-L

Hey... That's my Lightning... Sorry I couldn't accept your offer for a rematch at speedworld... I can drive my truck there... That was just my idiot roommate's interpretation of "I don't want to race at speedworld because I dont like the track". I actually raced there a couple weeks ago... Good call on the slicks... they're well overdue with all that power..

My truck is supposed to be going in for paint this week or next and it will probably be gone for a month or two... I'd be happy to have a rematch but preferably when cooler weather comes in the fall... Although now I have lost the element of surprise :D

Guest XLR8TNC5

All I can say, is WOW! Nice job Lightning dude! I have always liked those. I test drove one back in 93 and came really close to buying it. But, just wasn't in the cards yet at that time.

I wanna be there when you and glenn have your rematch. Glenn, 11.8 @ 133mph!!!! GOOD GAWD that is insane. Wish my car was trapping those speeds.

Tanya

Guest AZ Power & Sound
Wish my car was trapping those speeds.

Tanya

:D :D :D

:devil

Insert Visa number here - ____ - ____ - ____ - ____ exp __ / __

:smilelol

Hey... That's my Lightning... Sorry I couldn't accept your offer for a rematch at speedworld... I can drive my truck there... That was just my idiot roommate's interpretation of "I don't want to race at speedworld because I dont like the track". I actually raced there a couple weeks ago... Good call on the slicks... they're well overdue with all that power..

My truck is supposed to be going in for paint this week or next and it will probably be gone for a month or two... I'd be happy to have a rematch but preferably when cooler weather comes in the fall... Although now I have lost the element of surprise :D

How come you dont like speedworld? Track prep is better than Fire-slick. You may cut a 1.3 60' there. I have never seen a truck launch like that. Your truck is bad ass. I dont take to getting an ass kicking that easily.. Slicks are on the way... as well as leaning on my tune a little more. If you cant make the event on the 30th, then that will just give me more track time to get used to the slicks.. :P

Wish my car was trapping those speeds.

Tanya

:D :D :D

:devil

Insert Visa number here - ____ - ____ - ____ - ____ exp __ / __

:smilelol

LOL. So that's how it works lol.

Guest 93AZ-L

Firebird sprays VHT right up to the burnout box, so when you come out of your burnout, your tires begin to hook... and I get 60' times like I did friday night... Speedworld starts prepping it at the starting line so the tires are still greasy and have no vht on them until after you launch. I was spinning pretty hard at speedworld on the 5th when I was running 8psi. My 60' times were all over the place. My 60's usually dont vary more than .02-.03 at firebird even with everything all cranked up. That's just my opinion though... I know a lot of people that like speedworld better. If you're going to run firebird on the 31st, I'll try to come watch, but I don't think it is in my cards to race that day... Good luck with the slicks :burnout: If you can figure out how to harness a little of that power, I may have to decide how to make a bit more... Insert visa where??? :devil

Guest UVETTYA
Firebird sprays VHT right up to the burnout box, so when you come out of your burnout, your tires begin to hook... and I get 60' times like I did friday night... Speedworld starts prepping it at the starting line so the tires are still greasy and have no vht on them until after you launch. I was spinning pretty hard at speedworld on the 5th when I was running 8psi. My 60' times were all over the place. My 60's usually dont vary more than .02-.03 at firebird even with everything all cranked up. That's just my opinion though... I know a lot of people that like speedworld better. If you're going to run firebird on the 31st, I'll try to come watch, but I don't think it is in my cards to race that day... Good luck with the slicks :burnout: If you can figure out how to harness a little of that power, I may have to decide how to make a bit more... Insert visa where??? :devil

I have to agree with you. Speedworld is a hop, skip and jump from me, but they do a LOUSY job of track prep. They don't spray beyond the 60 ft either, unless there's an event going on. They don't police the water box either and all the ricers just drive through with their street tires and leave water all over the start line. I've complained to them many times but they just come up with all kinds of :bs excuses, from VHT doesn't work below 60 degrees, to it costs too much. Waaah!

I only go there to play because it's close. If I'm serious, I'll go to Fireturd.

Steve

3,503 lbs of trouble
I have to agree with you. Speedworld is a hop, skip and jump from me, but they do a LOUSY job of track prep.

Wow, that's what you usually hear about Firebird! :crazy

Guest XLR8TNC5
I have to agree with you. Speedworld is a hop, skip and jump from me, but they do a LOUSY job of track prep.

Wow, that's what you usually hear about Firebird! :crazy

yep, that sounds weird to me. I love speedworld. I am not happy about their water box though. Shodddy!

But then again, I have never takenmy car down the track at Firebird.

Tanya

slicks should be here on Thursday. So I have a week to get used to them before I drive to speedworld on them.