NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Dyno Runs at ADC 03/18/06

Guest UVETTYA

Guest UVETTYA

Here's a link to the videos and pics from Tanya's and my dyno runs at ADC for anyone who's interested.

http://snirk.phanfare.com/album/43443

It's interesting that I dyno'd at Xtreme 362/347 and after adding the cat back I dyno'd 367/357 at ADC. I didn't think a cat back would gain me anything, really. I wonder if it was the difference in dyno's or if I really picked up 5 hp and 10 lb ft of torque?

Hey Chad, you should make me a deal on two pulls on your dyno -- in the interest of science. :thumbs

Steve

Guest UVETTYA

You know, I really didn't expect any HP gains out of the cat back Tim. I was looking for a muscle car sound, and was immediately rewarded with exactly that! Shazam! And that's why I sold the TI so quickly. I was in love a second after I hit the starter. :lol

Again, I'm not sure if the difference in hp and tq is due to the different dyno's, so that's why I'd like to do a couple more pulls on Xtreme's dyno to see if that's the case. $60 is a lot of money to satisfy my curiosity though, so I don't know if I'll go through with that.

I wonder if you guys with coupe's pick up any hp/tq gains with the TI.

Guest XLR8TNC5
Thanks Tanya. But your car kicks more ass than mine.

Until I get my maggie, that is. :lol

Ok, just joking!

Steve

I don't think so, your car is right up there just about even with mine and you have not had to put nearly as much into it as me. Goes to prove, the Z06 is a far better buy than a C5 and dumping tons of cash into it, but don't anyone take that the wrong way dang it. I mean it in the nicest of terms.. Besides that is part of the fu for me, seeing what it takes to make my Cpe stand out from the rest. All you other Coupe owners know exactly what Im saying yo!. lol.

MAGGIE! :D :P ;) :eek Even I have thought about that one! lol. But Im stuck on this stupid NA 500RWHP goal kick of mine out of a LS1. Hmmm, I ll let you all know if I decide to change my mind. lol.

If you get the Maggie, you gotta get the MCM hood too! lol.....

Tanya

Guest UVETTYA

I don't know about the Z06 being a better buy. The typical Z06 was about $6K more than the coupe. If you put 6K in a coupe you'd have a faster car. If that's what you're looking for. Your car's just right Tanya. It's streetable yet it kicks butt too. :thumb

Steve

Guest XLR8TNC5

Yeah, you might be right Steve, but it is so easy to mod the Z06 again for cheap, to beat my coupe again. Even if I bring the hp up to Z06 standards for $6k, you guys go out and upgrade an exhaust or throw on h/c and I am again, in the hole. lol.

But I will be humble and say thank you for the compliments on my car. I do love it. And I promise next time you are beside me and pull up, I will make sure Mark isn't in the car so I can play with you a little. HEHEHEH!

Tanya

Guest Kens06
I don't know about the Z06 being a better buy. The typical Z06 was about $6K more than the coupe. If you put 6K in a coupe you'd have a faster car. If that's what you're looking for. Your car's just right Tanya. It's streetable yet it kicks butt too. :thumb

Steve

All depends on what you want!!

If you are a 1320 person, don't buy a Z!! Get a coupe and put the difference in $$ in the motor!

If you are a road racer, throwing 6K at a coupe won't get you close!!

I'm not talking the blasts down I-17, but the East or West tracks at Firebird with GOOD drivers!!

The Z is a sweet ride and most mod for straight line speed!

The car was designed for dancing through a road course at 1G side loads!!

Ken

Guest XLR8TNC5

Steve

All depends on what you want!!

If you are a 1320 person, don't buy a Z!! Get a coupe and put the difference in $$ in the motor!

If you are a road racer, throwing 6K at a coupe won't get you close!!

I'm not talking the blasts down I-17, but the East or West tracks at Firebird with GOOD drivers!!

The Z is a sweet ride and most mod for straight line speed!

The car was designed for dancing through a road course at 1G side loads!!

Ken

:agree I didn't think about dat! Tanx Kenny!

Tanya

Guest XLR8TNC5

Thank you! ^^^^ But I think you might be a little prejudiced! lol. (ie: See MOTV8's Signature!) AWESOME!

Tanya