1990 Vette

Guest racingchester

Guest racingchester

What would be a good start for an L98 to give it a little more boost? Don't want to spend alot of money. I don't ever intend to make it a contender for fastest car. Im an old guy but would like to suprise a few people. Thanks Chuck

maybe the Z06 chip? :leaving

You should maybe start by not paying any attention whatsoever to the smartazz's on this Forum!

I think someone has been drinking too much green beer today! :lol

92ZR1Wannabe

I would start with the basics:

-Good Tune-up

-Cold air setup

-Exhaust (ive read about people swapping over their 2-1-2 L98 setup for the true dual exhaust setups found on the LT cars. Not sure what is entailed in doing so, but would be worth the look)

-Intake (I guess the stock L98 intake is a major choker also, but your getting kinda pricey there)

Guest XLR8TNC5

Well, I know Mark and I, no matter what car always end up putting on a better air intake system and exhaust. Gets you alittle bit of a better performance response.

I know we have not done the Titan yet, but trust me, it gets talked about all the time. Our problem though is that once we start, we can't stop modding. lol.

However, if you have the discipline, those are the two things I would always recommend to any person.

Tanya

Guest racingchester

What would be a good exhaust install. Want to get away from the interior hum that you can get away from above 85.