Ordering C6

blonzz

I spoke with the sales manager at Brown & Brown in Mesa about placing an order for a 2005 C6 coupe. After our conversation he forwarded me to one of his salesmen.

The salesman was builiding a car without me first selecting a "Preferred Equipment Group".

He had me choose options individually.

From what I understand a Preferred Equipment Group must be selected and then add buyer wanted "free flow options" and color combinations.

I metioned this to the sales manager and he said I must remember that they are "The King Of Corvettes" and they might be able to order it that way.

I say this is somewhat unbelievable. ;)

Other dealers I have spoke with say my ordering selection process is correct.

Could I have some opinions on this please?

Also recommendations where others have had a pleasant purchase?

Thank you,

John

3,503 lbs of trouble

And I thought Brown & Brown Chevrolet was one of the better dealerships to deal with here in town.

I personally don't know how one's goes about ordering a new Vette, but I'll bet a call to Chevrolet customer service might clear up exactly what the protocols are for selecting options on a new car order.

Good luck!

Guest DREAM C-5

I am surpriswed by the way they treated you. I had a good expirence with their internet sales team when I was thinking of getting a c6 :D I did not pull the trigger on a deal due to $ for my trade. I was going to order a coupe, DSOM, Z51, 1SB, WITH NAV/ DVD and polished wheels. :thumbs:

Fred :flag:

And I thought Brown & Brown Chevrolet was one of the better dealerships to deal with here in town.

I personally don't know how one's goes about ordering a new Vette, but I'll bet a call to Chevrolet customer service might clear up exactly what the protocols are for selecting options on a new car order.

Good luck!

:agree:

3,503 lbs of trouble
I was not treated badly I was just concerned about the ordering process.

Thanks,

John

• 3 weeks later...

I ended up ordering from Brown & Brown. I am now working with Mark Pace.

I put down my deposit on Saturday 12/04 and it went into the system on Monday 12/06

GM confirmed the order on Tuesday 12/14 and issued me an order number.

These are the options I selected...

Y07 Coupe

19U LeMans Blue Exterior

36 Steel Gray interior

1SB Preferred Equipment Group

Free Flow Options

MX0 Automatic Transmission

F55 Magnetic Selective Ride Control

G90 Axle, 3.15:1 Performance Ratio

QG7 Polished 5-Spoke Aluminum Wheels

UE1 Onstar

Should be an interesting wait.

John

3,503 lbs of trouble
I ended up ordering from Brown & Brown. I am now working with Mark Pace. I put down my deposit on Saturday 12/04 and it went into the system on Monday 12/06

GM confirmed the order on Tuesday 12/14 and issued me an order number.

I was just over by Brown&Brown yesterday and there was a transporter there with at least six C6's being off loaded. I watched a Blue one roll off and drive in. Maybe it's yours.

• 1 month later...
I was just over by Brown&Brown yesterday and there was a transporter there with at least six C6's being off loaded. I watched a Blue one roll off and drive in. Maybe it's yours.

3,503 lbs of trouble

Congratulations!! :cheers: That is a beautiful car! Would love to see you bring it to the Gila Bend BBQ in February. Hope you can make it.

Guest DREAM C-5

:cheers: I'm jelous.

Thats one sweet looking ride. The C-6 is growing on me I might have to get one but I love my 50th A.E. coupe. :thumbs:

Fred :flag: