NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

anyone got a C5 "scanner" i can borrow

Togo

i speculate my car will be ready for pickup VERY soon - and it's still not registered in my name (can't register it until they inspect it - and we all know where it's been)

and then i need to take it through emissions

i fou nd a pretty good resource on another forum on how to complete the "driving cycle" but want to make sure that it's ready before headnig to emissions.

does anyone have a scanner i can borrow for a couple days so as soon as it's ready i can shoot up to emissions and finally get this thing on the road?!?!?!?!

:burnout

What do you need the scanner for??? Is it throwing a code??? I musta' missed someting, cause I don't know where it's been......

Andrew

when you reprogram the PCM the computer must relearn everything - to make sure all systems are GO!

and until they are all ready, the system will not respond to a scanner - in which case, it's a ROLLER test for me - and that's no bueno!

Guest Kens06

I don't know any average dude that is going to drop $2600 on a tech II, just to have one!! Well I do, but he's back in IL!!

I know AZP&S Mike has one, he checked the Z for me when I was going to retag it in AZ!!

I heard 50 cycles, but I don't know if that is getting it to temp and stuff every time or not.

Call, no wait, E-mail Mike and find out!!

Ken

I don't know any average dude that is going to drop $2600 on a tech II, just to have one!! Well I do, but he's back in IL!!

I know AZP&S Mike has one, he checked the Z for me when I was going to retag it in AZ!!

I heard 50 cycles, but I don't know if that is getting it to temp and stuff every time or not.

Call, no wait, E-mail Mike and find out!!

Ken

you shouldn't have to have a Tech 2 - from what i understand, a regular ol' code reader like steve said to go to auto zone and check would work - i just wondered if anyone had one i could plug in after a while of driving to see if it was complete.

AND it looks like the driving cycle can be completed in 15 minutes if done properly

http://www.transamws6.net/HPTuners/gm_driving_cycle.txt

and don't kid yourself ken, i have been looking for tech 2's myself - while they are pricey, i hear there's NO TOOL LIKE IT! and of course, my forum brethren would be more than welcome to use it!

:drinkers

Guest UVETTYA

Chris, I have an OBDII scanner I bought at AutoZone, and it's the same one they'll use to check yours for free. You can read and reset codes with it, but that's all. you can borrow it if you want to drive clear out here to Surprise... 115th and Beardsley.. but it might be easier to find an AutoZone near you.

Up to you, but you can borrow mine if you like.

Steve

Ask ADS to take it to emissions for you... They will make sure it passes...

i don't know if they can - i still haven't titled the car yet - so i'm not sure they can - if they CAN then i'm all for it - it will save me a headache!

Chris,

ADS is a full service shop... All you have to do is ask... Call John in the morning... I saw you car on the dyno yesterday... Looking good.

Chris,

ADS is a full service shop... All you have to do is ask... Call John in the morning... I saw you car on the dyno yesterday... Looking good.

yeah - put down DISAPPOINTING HP numbers - but when the "shorted" the fuel pump to 12v it "blipped" 485 RWHP - so i ordered a new pump last night (overnight to be here tomorrow) and john's not sure exactly where we'll be with a working fuel pump - but i'm a whole lot more excited than the 390ish it put down previously! :leaving

Guest Kens06

Chris,

I've got AutoTap if you just want to read your ECM!!

I've got an old laptop around here somewhere that can take 12V DC and you can run the computer from the cig lighter without the inverter/charger combo crap, to log up to five channels of data while you drive around!!

Would that help??

Ken

Only EFILive, HPT, or the Tech 2 will show emissions readiness tests I believe. A generic code scanner or autotap will not show that information.

Only EFILive, HPT, or the Tech 2 will show emissions readiness tests I believe. A generic code scanner or autotap will not show that information.

:( thanks Nic - i guess i'll play it by ear