NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Welcome to JTSopko

1EvilC5

Welcome Jim :howdy

Hope to see you out at an event soon.

Tell us more about your Vette and post a pic if possible.

Until we meet. :burnout

Phil... :devil

Well Hello everyone, :howdy

Thanks for the warm welcome. I look forward to your events and meeting you. Attached is a pic of my new baby and weekend projects to date. Hope the pic comes through alright, as I idd not see it in my preview.

I picked up an '81 vette 4 speed with 61,000 miles and all the options possible (at least that is what I have been able to find out so far) last fall, and I am in the process of restoring it. Right now it is going back to the original specs, but that may change as funds become available for a better engine and transmission.

To date I have replaced the radiator, tie rods, suspension bushings, seals/gaskets (no more oil on the floor), wheels (weld racing), and interior (al Knoch), and fixed the electronics (the windows and mirros work again). :thumbs

Things I would like to do in the future (and get your expert opinions on) is to replace rear leaf spring, muffler system, new oil pan, and possibly rebuild/replace transmission, differential, & engine, as the fiannces allow. I would like to do as much of the work myself if possible.

I am also looking to learn a thing or two about working on fiberglass (patch work and chip repair) and painting. Just looking to get some hands on experience from others that might have been there and have done it in the past.

Ultimately, I would love to have a good weekend driver for events, so I can get involved with your events and things that go on at Firebird and just have some fun. :flag

Best Regards,

Jim

:cfdeadagain

post-5-1142102314.jpg

Ahhh...another C3 driver...perfect! Welcome from Gilbert, nice 81 :thumbs

Jim thanks for the update on your Vette.

The pic works just fine.

We do have a few members that like to help with advice and some that love to help with the actual work.

You just need to post what exactly you are looking to do and when, someone will chime in.

Again welcome.

Phil... :devil

I've done a little "backyard" fiberglass work in the past, I'm no expert but you have to start somewhere....

Welcome to the forum, hope to meet up with you soon... :howdy

Fantastic looking car. Welcome to the forum....

Andrew

:burnout | :burnout

___________ Finish Line !!!!

Well, if you would like...stop by the house and I can show you what most of things you want to do look like and how much work is involved.

I just did that stuff after installig the new motor and the car is still on jack stands. Even the fiberglass work since I'm going to repaint the beast soon. I'm waiting for my bullet cats to come in so I can finish the exhaust and get it registered to drive...YAHOO! :burnout

Where are you located in the valley...You are in the east valley right? :cool

Guest XLR8TNC5

Once again,I am late as usual with the welcome. But it doesn't mean I don't care! ;)

So, Welcome to ACE. And it sounds like you are really involved with Corvettes. Always a pleasure to meet another enthusiast.

Take care and we will see ya around.

Tanya

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone. Thanks for the warm welcome.

Buccaneer,

If you still have your car on the jacks and working on it, I would love to see what you have done. I have to do a little fiberglass touch up and probably a repaint in the future myself.

I am in the Ahwatukee area.

Jim

Jim, no problem...mail received and reply sent. This weekend would work. Going to the Pavillions later in the day though. I'm in Gilbert.

One more thing Jim...The car isn't on jack stands anymore, thank God! Does that make a difference for you?