NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

C5 Turn signals

tcalZ06

I Noticed for the 2nd time my turn signals quit working. Is this a common problem with C5's?

thanks

Tom

Never heard of it being a common problem. What got them working again the first time?

Guest XLR8TNC5

Actually, everything I have read and from talking to a few dealers, this is a fairly common occurrence and I had it happen to me with my 98 (Driver's side front). Very easy to replace. Also,Mark had the driver side front go out on the Z06 a day or two ago as well. So, we are replacing that probably this weekend.

I have talked to quite a few other Corvette owners as well who said that they have replaced at least one of their signals during the first 3 years of owning their cars.

We just buy our replacement bulbs at Checkers. I think they were like $3.00. :thumbs

Tanya

Not that I'm aware of. What was the problem the first time?

Steve

my guess is that his turn signals quit working the first time :rolf

Guest Sidewinder
Actually, everything I have read and from talking to a few dealers, this is a fairly common occurrence and I had it happen to me with my 98 (Driver's side front). Very easy to replace. Also,Mark had the driver side front go out on the Z06 a day or two ago as well. So, we are replacing that probably this weekend.

I have talked to quite a few other Corvette owners as well who said that they have replaced at least one of their signals during the first 3 years of owning their cars.

We just buy our replacement bulbs at Checkers. I think they were like $3.00. :thumbs

Tanya

I don't think thats what he is talking about. I think he means all signals.

Guest AZ Power & Sound

from what ive read it has to do something with the relay thats built into the hazard switch... unfortunatly I have no idea if there is a fix, or if putting a new relay in helps or not but I think it has something to do with the relay sticking... I know of 4 other C5s with that problem

Thanks

This is the turn signals not working at all. I have read it's a relay behind the radio.

I also read that pushing the 4 way flashers button can get them working again sometimes

Do you have hazzard lights when the blinkers stop working... If Not then its the relay behind the center air vent... Unfortunatly, it is a complete whore to get to, costs BIG $$$ to replace since the entire dash has to come apart to get to it.

Guest XLR8TNC5

oh, oops. Sorry. I was hoping ti would be an easy fix for ya. lol. See, exactly why I stay out of technical / repair. lol. :leaving

Good luck Tcalz06. :thumbs

Tanya

Maybe the blinker fluid is low...... :P I don't know what else to check......

Andrew

Maybe the blinker fluid is low...... :P I don't know what else to check......

Andrew

That's what I like about you Andrew, always willing to help out :lol:lol