TOMS CORVETTE RESURRECTION PART THREE OF THREE

Wishbone

OK, NOW WE HAVE OUR GAME PLAN SET IN PLACE AND WE ARE AHEAD OF SCHEDULE,YEAH!!! TOM EVEN WANTED A PIECE OF THE ACTION. ACTUALLY TOM WAS A TREMENDOUS HELP AND PROVED TO BE A FAST LEARNER. LOOK AT HIM GO ON THE FLEX.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

OK LETS LOOK AT SOME PICTURES OF THE HOOD AFTER ONE STAGE OF PAINT CORRECTION!

Posted Image

Posted Image

WAIT A MINUTE, IS THAT TWO LIGHTS ON THAT STAND, FROM THE PREVIOUS PICTURES WE COULD NOT EVEN MAKE THEM OUT, WAIT IT'S MAGIC!!!!

Posted Image

OK LETS LOOK AT THE CAR FINISHED!!!! TOM AND I WERE BOTH PLEASED WITH THE RESULTS AND THEY SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES. BUT SERIOUSLY LOOK AT THE DETAIL IN THE PICTURES ON HIS CARS PAINT. THERE WERE SOME PICTURES WERE THE CAMERA COULD NOT FOCUS BECAUSE OF DUST THAT WAS LANDING ON THE CAR AS WE WERE TRYING TO TAKE PICTURES OF IT OUT IN THE SUN. WE ACTUALLY HAD TO GET A RAG TO WIPE THEM OFF SO THE PICTURES COULD BE TAKEN!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv214/paquetterm/Pictures263.jpg

http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv214/paquetterm/Pictures262.jpg

http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv214/paquetterm/Pictures267.jpg

http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv214/paquetterm/Pictures269.jpg

http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv214/paquetterm/Pictures270.jpg

WELL THAT IS GOING TO WRAP UP THIS PROJECT WITH ANOTHER ONE SAVED FROM LAUGHING WOODSTOCK OF CORVETTE MISORY,GREAT JOB TODAY TOM AND I REALY ENJOYED WORKING ON YOUR CAR. NOW PLEASE KEEP IT AWAY FROM KIT, HE IS DIRTY FROM BEING OUTSIDE ALL DAY AND IS PIST THAT THIS CAR WAS IN HIS GARAGE. IT TOOK SOME TIME TO CALM HIM DOWN. NOW EXCUSE ME AS I DRIVE AWAY LOOKING FOR THE NEXT HACK JOB TO FIX.

WISHBONE OUT

You beat me to it Chad. I was going to ask, "why the hell are you ruining that car by putting a fat guy in it?" :lol Car looks simply AWESOME by the way. :thumbs

Poor Robert, who knew the reflection off Tom's shinny car would resemble a fun house mirror at the state fair. This was the first thing I though of as well. Great minds think alike. Great job! Thanks for the BEER AND PIZZIA TOO!!!

Buccaneer

The car looks better in person IMO, but the pics don't look bad and clarity is awesome. Honestly, if it didn't have any paint flaws from the rookie painter I would show the car for sure, it looked that good. Thanks again Robert. :partydance:

The car looks better in person IMO, but the pics don't look bad and clarity is awesome. Honestly, if it didn't have any paint flaws from the rookie painter I would show the car for sure, it looked that good. Thanks again Robert. :partydance:

Still need to show your ride, most will not look that close for those minute "flaws". Your ride loks awesome and I too must thank Robert for some new found knowledge and beers!

Outstanding job!!! I always thought Tom's car was perfect but the before and after pictures speak for themselves. I guess under the microscope like that any car driven will need this level of care from time to time. Did you claybar also? Was that a polish or wax you applied with the orbiter? I need to learn from the 'MASTER'

Buccaneer

Outstanding job!!! I always thought Tom's car was perfect but the before and after pictures speak for themselves. I guess under the microscope like that any car driven will need this level of care from time to time.

Did you claybar also? Was that a polish or wax you applied with the orbiter? I need to learn from the 'MASTER'

Good Questions Mike,

When your detailer takes a really good look at the paint surface upclose, he or she can properly guage how they are going to correct the issues. Knowing any background info on the vehicle is crucial, but can be worked through if the detailer does not gain the information needed to know the history of the paint. On another note, every car is different and must be treated as such. Toms car has a completely different clear on the top of his base coat. Determining how much effort used by the products,pads, and working time all go into the process. For Toms car we used the Wolfgang's 3.0 system, which is what I love to use because it has terrific results on Corvette Paint. I used the Green Orange County Pad with Total Scratch Remover to take out the deep scrathces and swirl marks. We than followed up with a much finer polish wich is the Glaze. Finally we topped it off with the sealent which would bond everything together. Last but not least would be the wax of choice and for my I use the WolfGangs FUZION WAX which is nothing less than top notch but very expensive to give that complete wet look. Tom took some home so he can do it during the week. I think he is going to take it out to the Pavs next Saturday night.

Outstanding job!!! I always thought Tom's car was perfect but the before and after pictures speak for themselves. I guess under the microscope like that any car driven will need this level of care from time to time.

Did you claybar also? Was that a polish or wax you applied with the orbiter? I need to learn from the 'MASTER'

looks awesome guys .... Tom ... your paint job totally rocks .... one sweet lookin C3 :thumbs:thumbs

• 3 months later...

So, when's the next session? I have a Porter Cable unit, a pile of Griot's pads, a willingness to learn, and a 01 Navy Blue convertible in desperate need of some intervention!

Congrats Robert & Tom. That puppy is beautiful. :thumbs:yesnod

Once the heat wave goes away it will back in season for detailing. Now if I can just get this boat done!

cant wait to learn my car needs some serious tlc!

Waz up my man long time no see Mike. We have got to get together and rock it up in Prescott!