NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Installed GHL Magnum Exhaust today and lowered

Guest UVETTYA

Guest Kens06

Steve!!

I told you it was just a matter of time before the MOD bug strikes!!

OOOHHH, Marylou, doesn't this sound good!!

Maybe a cam and stuff like those other guys!! :willy:willy:willy

You are hooked now Bro!!

Good Luck!!

Ken

Guest XLR8TNC5
Steve!!

You are hooked now Bro!!

Good Luck!!

Ken

:agree Very cool! Now we will hear you gunning it through the cruises! lol. The GHL's are very nice! I believe that is what Phil has on his ride as well.

My instructor here at school says, "Yeah, that is a noticeable difference!, Nice sound!" lol.

Talk to you soon Steve-O.

Tanya

Guest UVETTYA
Steve!!

You are hooked now Bro!!

Good Luck!!

Ken

Oh man, you are probably right Ken. I took the long way home from Xtreme. LOL! I had the '03 for almost two years and only did the Blackwing and shorty antenna. I knew once it started it wouldn't end.

So far all I have is mostly bling. Just the shorty antenna, blackwing, silverstars, extended tail lights and cat back. I have on order -- stainless CORVETTE lettering for the rear and tail light seals from Southern Car parts. My next mods will probably be an exhaust plate and maybe some fancy floor mats, and blackouts if I find some I like. Mostly appearance mods. I'll probably stay out of the engine because of the GMPP extended warranty. I think they get their panties in a wad with headers even.

Then again... I can always cash that in... :devil

STOP TEMPTING ME! LOL!!

Guest UVETTYA
Steve!!

Maybe a cam and stuff like those other guys!!  :willy  :willy  :willy

You are hooked now Bro!!

Good Luck!!

Ken

:agree Very cool! Now we will hear you gunning it through the cruises! lol. The GHL's are very nice! I believe that is what Phil has on his ride as well.

My instructor here at school says, "Yeah, that is a noticeable difference!, Nice sound!" lol.

Talk to you soon Steve-O.

Tanya

Hey Tanya, it sure is fun rapping it out now. Man, I LOVE That sound!! Woo Hoo! Marylou will be home in about an hour and I'll have to take her out to dinner just so she can hear it. :thumbs

Tell your instructor thanks and he/she has good taste! :yesnod

Congrats on your new sound! Sounding good and as far as you being 17 again, I thought you were 17! :lol

Guest UVETTYA
Congrats on your new sound! Sounding good and as far as you being 17 again, I thought you were 17! :lol

Well good. I hope I don't ever become the old phart that I really am. :lol

And I'm not the only one... Marylou's first words when I cranked up the Z were...

Oh WOW, (giggling) THAT REALLY SOUNDS AWESOME!!

She giggled all the way to Streets of New York, all the way through dinner and every time I jumped on it during the hour long ride we took afterwords.

I'm a luck guy. Have a Corvette, and a Corvette Girl.

Life is good. God Bless America :flag

:devil Very Cool Steve, :devil

You are quickly stepping to the Darker Side. I already think that you have bitten.

I do have the GHL Magnums. Awesome sound, especially when you get on it.

Phil... :devil

:thumbs for the GHL's! They do sound sweet. Getting our B&B exhaust made the single biggest 'difference' in our enjoyment of our ragtop. Changes the 'character' of the car alot...before it sounded kinda like a Grand Am or Buick Regal! Now, I don't have all the go-fast goodies like Phil does, so its more bark than bite, but I even enjoy just starting it and waking the neighbors :devil

And Mustang drivers get REAL nervous at stoplights....not that I would ever race! :burnout

Guest UVETTYA
I'm 17 again!!  :D

Wow, is all I can say. Why did I wait so long?

I put a new album up on my web site. Do the slideshow first then play the video.

http://snirk.phanfare.com/album/39746

Steve

that was quick :D :leaving

yes Phil does have the GHL on his car :drinkers

Hey Chris, I'm not "gee that was quick" anymore.

<---- Look over there

Thanks to Dwayne, I'm now " you should see me in a wig, heels and fish net stockings." :huh

Hey Mark, I have an extra $100. Wanna go "lean on" someone for me? :devil

Guest Sidewinder

Sound good Steve! Did you take pics of the gap in wheel wells before and after the lowering? Your car will get worse gas mileage for a while after getting a new exhaust :smilelol:flag

I work for your tips and your tips only.

Maybe thats my new avatar?

Guest UVETTYA
Can't wait to hear it Steve :thumbs

Hey Eddie, if you buy my sexy black bra I'll help you put it on (wink), and you can hear the exhaust then. In fact, you can hear it just before then because you can hear me coming from about 2 blocks away now. :smilelol

Guest UVETTYA
:devil Very Cool Steve, :devil

You are quickly stepping to the Darker Side. I already think that you have bitten.

I do have the GHL Magnums. Awesome sound, especially when you get on it.

Phil... :devil

Your car sounds like a BEAST with them Phil. Mine is a little more toned down because of the stock headers and cats. Still, I can "feel" the exhaust when I'm driving now and it's really :cool

Guest UVETTYA
Sound good Steve! Did you take pics of the gap in wheel wells before and after the lowering? Your car will get worse gas mileage for a while after getting a new exhaust :smilelol:flag

I work for your tips and your tips only.

Maybe thats my new avatar?

Thanks Mark. (or should I call you Guido?) :D

Yes, I did take pics of the wheel wells prior to dropping it. I used to be able to put my fist between the rear tires and the fender. Now I can't. I'm going to wait a few more days for it to settle out before I take the "after" pics.

As for gas mileage, I know what you mean. LOL! I find myself now driving around one or two gears lower than I need to. It just sounds so damn cool now. :D

As for your avatar, I think Eddie needs to get one of his photoshop buddies to put your face on Tony's "door" gif. :leaving

As for your avatar, I think Eddie needs to get one of his photoshop buddies to put your face on Tony's "door" gif. :leaving

I think I've done enough Photochop damage for awhile. :leaving

What's the word on the bra. Did you get your new one? What's the damage $$?

Guest UVETTYA
What's the word on the bra. Did you get your new one? What's the damage $$?

88 big one$.

And no I haven't heard back yet on my Z bra. We need the hardware from that one to do yours.

Steve

At least by watching (and listening) to the posts I can pretend my car is as cool. I really like the sound of the GHL. And lowering too! Any regrets on the lowering? Did you do it yourself? You just finshed my next project lowering and exhaust. You are my hero, ok that sounds corney. I envy you.

:bang:bang

Guest UVETTYA
At least by watching (and listening) to the posts I can pretend my car is as cool. I really like the sound of the GHL. And lowering too! Any regrets on the lowering? Did you do it yourself? You just finshed my next project lowering and exhaust. You are my hero, ok that sounds corney. I envy you.

:bang:bang

I'm sure your car is cool. :thumbs

So don't be envious, get EVEN! :devil

Xtreme did the lowering for me while they had it on the rack to install the GHL.

I didn't have any problems with it being lowered last night when I drove it, (prolly 20 miles) and I drove it about 10 miles today with no problems. I scrape a little more coming up my driveway but so far that's all I've noticed. I've heard it can take up to a week for it to settle out all the way after lowering.

We used the stock bolts and left 3 threads showing on the rear and took the front all the way down.