NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

A recent IM conversation with my wife

Loud Pedal

So I am looking at a 67 Camaro. It looks to be a done, done car. It's a small block car with an old school blower and dual quads. I sent a link to the listing to Jenna and this is the ( paraphrased ) response I got... David Says: Check out this listing. It's a done car and I can't see us having the time to build the 68 anytime soon. Maybe we should sell the 68 and consider buying this one: *link to listing* Jenna Says: Damn! They want $$$$ for it and it has a blown motor? :smilelol :smilelol :smilelol :smilelol :smilelol No, honey. Not that kind of blown. It's a good thing she works at the other end of the building. :lol Feel free to rib her at the BBQ. She, like me, believes if you can't laugh at yourself you don't know how to have fun. ;)

Do you have to suck start a blown engine? What ever came of that today? Neat car to look at I suppose, but I haz zero interest in owning it. Tweed.

I've had plenty of those messages with 2 daughters and a wife all on the other end! Like this: "I wish the stupid dog next store would quit barking!"

What ever came of that today? Neat car to look at I suppose, but I haz zero interest in owning it. Tweed.

It was a great big negative. The tweed was horrific and it had a lot of other problems after we got it on the rack.

I'm not exactly sure yet. I'm still torn between building it and buying a done car. This car is mostly for Jenna so I need to make sure it's safe and not too much car for her to get herself in trouble ( she is a major lead foot :lol ). I have a good friend of mine that is very active in the classic car auction scene. He's heading to a couple auctions soon and I asked him to keep his eyes open for us. We'll see where it goes. Are you interested in it?

wickedfastvette

I'm not exactly sure yet. I'm still torn between building it and buying a done car. This car is mostly for Jenna so I need to make sure it's safe and not too much car for her to get herself in trouble ( she is a major lead foot :lol ).

I have a good friend of mine that is very active in the classic car auction scene. He's heading to a couple auctions soon and I asked him to keep his eyes open for us. We'll see where it goes. Are you interested in it?

I've been looking for one for a long time, so if you go to sell it please let me know.

Proper technique is to just buy the car and not discuss it with the wife. This way you don't clog up your IM inbox.

I've been looking for one for a long time, so if you go to sell it please let me know.

Will do. It's a clean car. I originally bought it from Joe at Classic Gold.

I vote you build the 68 as a pro touring style. Drivetrain and suspension/brakes out of a C6Z. It'll be fast, comfy and bulletproof reliable.