New areas for this forum?

Guest Simpson36

Guest Simpson36

Something I have learned as a newbie here is that a lot of people have 'stuff' lying around that they aren't trying to get rid of, but would let go if someone wanted it.

Example: I just bought a cross fire maifold from Desertdawg, but I found out he had it by accident.

Also, I see there are a lot of threads that begin "Where can I find someone to a good job of . . . ."

I wonder if it wouldn't be a good idea to have a permanent place for mebers to record their experiences, both good and bad with various local vendors.

Steve.

I think this section (General) is here for that reason, you can post your experiences dealing with vendors and services that you use, but remember we aren't going to allow an all out bashing of someone or someplace. If you have a problem, it would probably be in everyone's best interest to settle it off of the forum.

I'm not trying to stop your idea, or say it's wrong, I just needed to make sure everyone knows what the Arizonavette.net forums are here for, and I'm sure we have all seen on other forums how "out of hand" some of those vendor bashing threads can get...

Here is part of the "Terms of Use" agreement that may be applicable to this thread:

"We want to promote a clean, healthy, respectful atmosphere where people are not afraid to ask questions, participate in this community and generally have a good time discussing the things we love most - Corvettes. "

"Restrictions on Use. You shall use the web site for lawful purposes only. You shall not post or transmit through the site any material that (i) violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others, (ii) is unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, vulgar, obscene, profane or otherwise objectionable, or (iii) encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, gives rise to civil liability or otherwise violates any law. You are prohibited from using this site to facilitate mail abuse or spam."

"Arizonavette.net is designed to facilitate discussions about corvettes and corvette related items and activities in and around Arizona, and to build a community around those interested in the above. As such, we provide a variety of forums that allow for posting and threaded discussions by our users. "

Guest freedom25

Where is that agreement posted? When I signed up it was this-

Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this BB. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary. You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this BB to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this BB.

Guest Simpson36

Geez, I feel like I need a lawyer :willy

All I was suggesting was to have a specific place to group things so that when a member is looking for a part, they have specific place to post their needs.

Other forums have similar 'Wanted' areas next to their 'for sale' areas.

I don't quite understand the lecture. I didn't make any suggestion of what should or should not be allowed, only that it be grouped together for convienicne.

Sorry . . . . :eek

Yeah -- I don't understand the lecture either.

Vendors -- we have some listed at http://arizonavette.net/links.htm

Instead of a separate "wanted" section we could do as some other forums have in the past. In the for sale section add "wanted" at the beginning of the post title for items wanted, and add "for sale" to items that are for sale.

Where is that agreement posted? When I signed up it was this-

Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this BB. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary. You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this BB to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this BB.

You are correct. that is the terms of service announcement that is presented at registration.

There is also a General rules and Guidelines as well. For some reason the link that was to appear at the top of the page had not been working. That has been corrected and it now appears under the Arizona Vette Net name at the top.

I still don't know where Dwayne was going with his portion. We have had some issues in the past with threads that got out of hand with "he said, he did" threads about vendors.

Arizona Vette Net (at this time) does not take advertisement money from vendors so that we can present a fair and impartial listing and description of services of any vendor the members would like to have listed. However AZ Vette Net doesn't approve of all out bashing or accusations about what a vendor has or has not done in the past. We prefer that fair and accurate information be posted and that any problems between vendors and buyers be handled off of the forum pages. Not that we are saying "don't post if a vendor did you wrong", but make sure to keep to the facts and let the vendor post his side. Please don't turn a thread into a discussion between you and a vendor over a grievance. For that we ask that it be settled off the forum between the two interested parties.

Vendors can feel free to post items or services for sale in the "for sale" section or answer posts in the General / Technical sections.

If you have a vendor that you would like added to the vendor links page, send an e-mail with the information to webmaster@arizonavette.net and it will get added.

I wonder if it wouldn't be a good idea to have a permanent place for mebers to record their experiences, both good and bad with various local vendors.

That is the part that bothered me, We really don't want to get in the middle of a battle with someones wallet and their parts or service person.

Sorry Steve, I guess it was a pretty dry response to your post, but I felt it needed to be said.

Please re-read this part...

I think this section (General) is here for that reason, you can post your experiences dealing with vendors and services that you use, but remember we aren't going to allow an all out bashing of someone or someplace. If you have a problem, it would probably be in everyone's best interest to settle it off of the forum.

I have edited the "For Sale" section to include "wanted" also....

So now you can post your wanted items in that section, and use this section for vendor / service threads....

I hope this helps. Please let me know of any other suggestions that we can implement.

3,503 lbs of trouble
Well with the 4 new additions to Steve's family, I think a babe's section might work... :P

:rolf