Wishing everyone luck today

Loud Pedal

I just wanted to wish everyone luck today with the storm. It looks like we are going to get hit HARD. I hope nobody has any flooding issue. I know my arse is puckered. :unsure

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wickedfastvette

• jstrutt

• Phill's Vette

• Desertdawg

Phill's Vette

I left this morning in the Vette and the only exit/entrance to my subdivision was more than 6" under water - the Vette sits 5".... put the Vette back in the garage and got the backup car! Yeah, they are talking 50mph gusts later today and 2" plus more of rain. Today would be a good day to stay home, but I will be in Chandler, Mesa, Phoenix and far west Phx today.... wish me luck with all these drivers turned azzhole when it rains here! :crazy BTW: My 82 is a daily driver and I drive in the rain when I must, but I don't't normally make special plans to avoid it. I do repent and sacrifice 4 chickens every time I drive in the rain, so I will not end up in Vette HELL - where there are only Yugo vans. SO, don't be afraid to drive you's Vettes in the rain (Except today) I have a good source for chickens. :burnout2

wickedfastvette

Got up this morning and there is about 8 inches of snow on the ground and still coming down pretty good, it's supposed to turn to heavy rain later today, I live on the side of a hill and have a wash in the bottom of my property, it's going to flood, just waiting to see how bad it's going to be. Gotta go find my snorkel!

Would you send a couple chickens my way Phil? I don't have any choice but to drive the Vette. I guess I could have driven the 66, it sits higher than the C6.

Good luck all, it looks like they have closed I-17 at Sadona to Flag already. Speaking of closing, good timing on the Rally, they closed from Superior to Globe on 60 as well. It's just a matter of time before all those roads that way are closed today. I'm just going to sit here and watch chickens float down the street. :facepalm:

Yea no big puddles for me I drove very slow in the Vette today.. I hope when i go home it's the same...

Overcast skies but dry roads on my way to work this morning. I almost put the top down.

Me having fun!!!!!

Working hard testing tires.....

Posted Image

NO!!! That's not the Mini........ :lol

Seriously, good luck everyone, it's a mess out there. Even the dogs don't want to go outside....

Andrew

What a pain in the azz driving in this morning.

Yeah sure there was some standing water but not much. But for the most part the roads were just wet and people are driving like it's a white out snow storm. 15+ mph UNDER the limits :banghead

Sheesh...get the hell out of the way.

Although, at one point I went through a low area with a lot of water and sent a wave over the entire front end of some little ricer. :lol

So far not too bad here. (Sierra Vista) I caught this a while ago, kind of the calm between the storms. The winds are picking up again, but not so much rain. VERY cloudy.

Posted Image

Well here are some pics from my house in AZ John!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Holy crap............................we have no snow campared to that. We've probably got 2 inches buildup.

Phill's Vette

Bunch of Sissie Marys...........I had no trouble getting around this morning :smilelol:smilelol

Would a "Sissie Mary" have something to do with sheep?

Do I need to brush up on my Canadian also?

:edward:

Are we going to have to start calling you Sierra Vista Rich?? :unsure

No, I am only a part timer here for the present.

Bunch of Sissie Marys...........I had no trouble getting around this morning :smilelol:smilelol

Blazing Saddles, when Dom Deluise is by the staircase and pond with all the ghey doods.

I left this morning in the Vette and the only exit/entrance to my subdivision was more than 6" under water - the Vette sits 5".... put the Vette back in the garage and got the backup car! Yeah, they are talking 50mph gusts later today and 2" plus more of rain. Today would be a good day to stay home, but I will be in Chandler, Mesa, Phoenix and far west Phx today.... wish me luck with all these drivers turned azzhole when it rains here! :crazy

BTW: My 82 is a daily driver and I drive in the rain when I must, but I don't't normally make special plans to avoid it.

I do repent and sacrifice 4 chickens every time I drive in the rain, so I will not end up in Vette HELL - where there are only Yugo vans.

SO, don't be afraid to drive you's Vettes in the rain (Except today) I have a good source for chickens.

:burnout2

I got no back-up vehicle - I'm goin to 'vette hell.

Phill's Vette

Blazing Saddles, when Dom Deluise is by the staircase and pond with all the ghey doods.

I actually remember that :smilelol

Well here are some pics from my house in AZ John!

Posted Image

Posted Image

HOLY MOLY! Those look like pics from Flag, not Prescot. I guess you didn't drive the vette today huh?

wickedfastvette

I didnt drive anything today! May take the truck out a little later, hoping I can get to the airport tomorrow morning, I heard they are already cancelling flights.

I didnt drive anything today! May take the truck out a little later, hoping I can get to the airport tomorrow morning, I heard they are already cancelling flights.

so no BJ?

so no BJ?

*snort*

you will be missed