*VOTE* ACE Corvette of the Month

1stSgtUSMC

January Vote  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Congrats to our five finalists for January!!! :partydance: 14 members submitted and the 5 that were randomly selected are below.

Poll will stay up until January 31.

Feel free to try to convince everyone that they should vote for you. Some examples....List modifications, tell us what is special about your car or how/why you got it, why you are the best ACE member, etc. This is your chance to campaign if you choose to.......Some will vote right away regardless of anything you may post but some may just wait to see how this is going and their vote might be swayed, either way, by what you post.

You can post additional pictures if you like. Please post a link to them if you plan on posting more than a couple additional photos.

Have fun with this...... GOOD LUCK!!!!

1) Ed/BLEW X U/2008 Z06 Black

Posted Image

2) Eddie/Eddie44/1966 Original NOM Coupe Laguna Blue

Posted Image

3) Rich/Yuma Rich/2009 C6 Coupe Crystal Red

Posted Image

4) Jim/TheCMSH/2001 C5 T-Top Pewter

Posted Image

5) Don/Don&Patty/2002 Z06 Black with Red Kandy Flames

Posted Image

Here is an additional shot taken at the same time as the one I originally posted. These pics were taken by the infamous.... sorry, I mean famous Andrew of the AnM team. I purchased this Vette from Kelly, another ACE member. As I stated originally this is a numbers matching "survivor", not a garage queen. It has no power steering, power brakes, a/c. For those of you that drive a manual transmission C5 or C6 "because a real sports car doesn't have an automatic", I would just say you don't know what a real sports car is. I think it would be particularly fitting to have an iconic "Stingray" as the January Vette on our initial calendar.

Eddie, I voted for you and your 66; please make sure I get the $5 as promised... :edward:

I love the older vettes and they don't get enough press..hint, hint, but I love Ed's Z0 as well. BTW, Phill, Eddie is ripping you off, I got $100. :P

I voted for Eddie because of the UFO in that second shot....

That's not a UFO.............it's the kid from Colorado.

I think you should all vote for the pretty crystal red 2009 because:

Seeing a Corvette at an early age, it was my dream to have one for my own. It has taken me all of my life to have that dream come true. I had to bend my spouse's elbow a bit to get her to help me do this.

I have only had four new cars, and two of them have been Corvettes!

No garage Queen for me! Baby II is my daily driver, so washing/waxing/detailing is done on weekends when I don't have some event to attend. I try to arrange the schedule to participate in the bigger ACE events because of the distance traveled to Phoenix/Tucson.

My first corvette I had for 2 1/2 years and put 47,000 miles on it. This one is only 6 months old, and averaging 1k a month.

The license plate is HER401K!

Vote for me and I will pay for a year's membership in ACE!

Thanks

I voted for Eddie because of the UFO in that second shot....

Actually that's a street light. You can't see the pole. A real professional photographer would have photochopped that out. What can you expect for free? :lol

Is it me, but I can't see the last entry, the red Z06? Seems like a broken something...just a little rectangle with a red "x" in it.

Is it me, but I can't see the last entry, the red Z06?

Seems like a broken something...just a little rectangle with a red "x" in it.

It shows up fine for me. It's Don's black Z06 with the flames.

I hate to be a party pooper, but lets stay on topic folks. :hijack:

Ok. Back to topic.......I cast my vote and was Sean given his mod training at CF? just askin........ :lol:lol:lol

wickedfastvette

I hate to be a party pooper, but lets stay on topic folks. :hijack:

Ok. Back to topic.......I cast my vote and was Sean given his mod training at CF? just askin........ :lol:lol:lol

I cast my vote! And agree with John

Some of this may be humorous and I realize I may not be in the "in crowd" here but come on gents. This is not what I was referring to by "have fun". If it has nothing to do with the topic of this thread, even remotely close in this case, please post it somewhere else. Some of you guys are moderators posting stuff or commenting on stuff (condoning) stuff that is just not appropriate here. If someone else did it in another thread what would happen? If it has nothing to do with one of the 5 members in the first post, as they relate to this topic, then don't post it in this thread. Start your own thread in the appropriate section and have at it. Random pictures of someone elses car not in the running for the vote this month with funny blurbs, fat women, etc do not belong in this thread. Specifically post#22 and associated comments forward. The stuff on the first page with Eddie's car I can say nothing about because he is one of the five but even then..... I am starting to wonder if it was a bad idea suggesting this whole thing in the first place. Edit: Someone deleted/edited posts referred to above. Info still applies. Thanks!

Some of this may be humorous and I realize I may not be in the "in crowd" here but come on gents. This is not what I was referring to by "have fun".

If it has nothing to do with the topic of this thread, even remotely close in this case, please post it somewhere else. Some of you guys are moderators posting stuff or commenting on stuff (condoning) stuff that is just not appropriate here. If someone else did it in another thread what would happen?

If it has nothing to do with one of the 5 members in the first post, as they relate to this topic, then don't post it in this thread. Start your own thread in the appropriate section and have at it.

Random pictures of someone elses car not in the running for the vote this month with funny blurbs, fat women, etc do not belong in this thread. Specifically post#22 and associated comments forward. The stuff on the first page with Eddie's car I can say nothing about because he is one of the five but even then.....

I am starting to wonder if it was a bad idea suggesting this whole thing in the first place.

Don't be depressed. We all get carried away sometimes and I offer my apologies. I think this is a great new idea for ACE and thank you!

Phill's Vette

This forum does stray off topic at times, but no need to kinda trash everyone! Most all here are very easy going, laid back and don't want to get serious about things here, me included. BUT, when there is something that needs our attention or a member that needs support, people here come out of the wood work to help and work together. IMO, just a quick "STAY ON TOPIC" comment will do just fine unless you want totalitarian moderation and administration - that is what CF is all about these days and why so many, including myself, have left there. Lighten up and enjoy a forum like none other! :ACE:

I am starting to wonder if it was a bad idea suggesting this whole thing in the first place.

It's a great idea!

So I have been busy with calls and work and I didn't get a chance to see where this was going, and now it's such a mess I just spent the last 2 hours trying to figure out where it went and who did what!

Here's where we are, Matt (1stSgtUSMC) has basically resigned, and has chosen to leave ACE on his own.

The Members Section Moderator has been changed by request.

Was the hijack wrong? Well no, in my opinion we are ACE and we have always carried on when and where we shouldn't.

Were some toes stepped on? Yes, be sure to read your PM if you get one!

More Importantly:

Would I have done the same thing? Yes, but since I have the Admin title under my name I guess it would have been ok for me to do it!

Right or wrong I think ACE was just being ACE, I would like to apologize to those that feel it was wrong, but please understand it's ACE!

So let's see where the ACE ride of the month goes from here...