NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Bench racin' - Trash talkin' - & BSN

HOXXOH

This BSN thread is for the "Drag Racing Fast List". That thread is for facts, this one is for all the rest. :3gears::nopity:rolf Have fun. :bolt:

Why is it only currently owned rides? I woiuld think the inclusion of previously owned vettes would help populate the list with more info as long as there is still proof ... i.e. time slip. It's usually known who has done what and it shouldn't be hard to find a member that can vouch for the data posted, plus you can ignore someones claims if it seems faked!

Why is it only currently owned rides?

I woiuld think the inclusion of previously owned vettes would help populate the list with more info as long as there is still proof ... i.e. time slip.

It's usually known who has done what and it shouldn't be hard to find a member that can vouch for the data posted, plus you can ignore someones claims if it seems faked!

Good point. I'll eliminate that requirement. Maybe a backup timeslip (within .20 or so) could be enough for no longer owned cars.

So does this mean now will you post something?? :toetap:lol

If I wasn't at work... :toetap I have some info for the 82 and the 98 that I will add as soon as I can gather it up! BTW I'm watching your results, when are you going to add the gear change results?

If I wasn't at work... :toetap I have some info for the 82 and the 98 that I will add as soon as I can gather it up!

BTW I'm watching your results, when are you going to add the gear change results?

It was a converter, not a gear change. I was hoping to get some other people (20+ views so far) to post something before I posted my latest PB, so I wouldn't be the only one on the list. :lol

It's supposed to be a information sharing thread with a little competitiveness and bragging rights thrown in for fun.

No idea what my car runs. NHRA sez NO.

Actually you say no to NHRA rules by refusal to comply. It's not their fault you have no idea how fast your car is.

However, when this list becomes fairly well populated with cars that do comply with NHRA rules, you might be able to read between the lines and compare your mods to others with similar mods and kinda determine what should be the capability of your car. The driver part is a whole nuther thing, 'cause no matter how much power the car has, the driver still makes the difference.

JFYI, Speedworld has been known to look the other way when there are only a few cars.

If I wasn't at work... :toetap I have some info for the 82 and the 98 that I will add as soon as I can gather it up!

BTW I'm watching your results, when are you going to add the gear change results?

Yo ... I'm anxious to see your C3 numbers .... :partydance:

Stock motor, worked A/T (no idea what it was set to), now has a MANual in it. On the right.

Posted Image

Actually you say no to NHRA rules by refusal to comply. It's not their fault you have no idea how fast your car is.

However, when this list becomes fairly well populated with cars that do comply with NHRA rules, you might be able to read between the lines and compare your mods to others with similar mods and kinda determine what should be the capability of your car. The driver part is a whole nuther thing, 'cause no matter how much power the car has, the driver still makes the difference.

JFYI, Speedworld has been known to look the other way when there are only a few cars.

I'm not mad at NHRA, the rules are there for good reason.

As far as reading between the lines.... With DR's, I assume my car would run a mid to high 11. 425hp/398tq to the tires and 4.10 gears. I haven't upgraded the diff or trans yet, so to be honest, I'm scared of drag radials and a well prepped surface. And I'm not a drag racer anyway, so I'd fer sure make a fool of myself at the tree on my one pass before getting thrown out.

It's cool... I built the car to be a fun street car, not a race car. I'll try to make ACE events at Firebird to at least cheer on mah boyz, but Speedworld is just too far of a drive from Tucson to spectate.

Stock motor, worked A/T (no idea what it was set to), now has a MANual in it. On the right.

Posted Image

I WAS THERE MAN!!!! I got to see that run happen. The power, the precision... The raw fury.

Posted Image

I'm not mad at NHRA, the rules are there for good reason.

As far as reading between the lines.... With DR's, I assume my car would run a mid to high 11. 425hp/398tq to the tires and 4.10 gears. I haven't upgraded the diff or trans yet, so to be honest, I'm scared of drag radials and a well prepped surface. And I'm not a drag racer anyway, so I'd fer sure make a fool of myself at the tree on my one pass before getting thrown out.

It's cool... I built the car to be a fun street car, not a race car. I'll try to make ACE events at Firebird to at least cheer on mah boyz, but Speedworld is just too far of a drive from Tucson to spectate.

I think your estimate of 1/4 mile times is just about right for the HP you stated. Drag racing's not for everybody, but no one would call you a fool for trying it. OK, so maybe a little chuckle once for a noob. :lol

I've got a old friend who's gone to most of the major races on the eastern US for the last 50 years, but never once went down the track himself. Ya just do what feels best.

My Kenne Bell C5 vert went 12.03 on run flats. I think it would have gone 11.70 on DR's, it came out of the hole hard but only trapped 115-119 mph. Have no idea on the C6Z, I only know I'll be faster than Victor!!! (ha-ha)

My Kenne Bell C5 vert went 12.03 on run flats. I think it would have gone 11.70 on DR's, it came out of the hole hard but only trapped 115-119 mph.

Have no idea on the C6Z, I only know I'll be faster than Victor!!! (ha-ha)

You're ON Mr. Bob . :3gears:

We need to get a little grudge action in our group for bragging rights :boxing:

Then, we need to move on to the road racing courses....Lou's been practicing :banannasword:

Why jump to the road course? Come out to the autoX on the 9th and see if you guys can get all that HP to work on a short course where brakes and steering have to work too... I swear you'll have a perma-grin after dodging cones!!!