BROWN & BROWN CHEVROLET

Guest DREAM C-5

Guest DREAM C-5

Hi all,

I am going over to Brown & Brown in Mesa Saturday morning to look at an 05 Vette in Daytona Sunset Orange Met. w/A4 trans. My question is has anyone here done bussiness with them and how were you treated ?

Thanks in advanced.

Fred :flag:

Dream C5 - I haven't dealt with Brown and Brown (got my Vette at Bill Heard). I do know that the entire fleet department left Heard and went to Brown and Brown. Ask for Bob Schmidt in fleet sales, he's been a great saleman for me with no pressure tactics. Tell him Nick Keizer sent you. Good Luck.

I had great service from the body shop last year with my 82.

The shop tech. is a Corvette owner, and he seemed to know what he was doing.

I don't know about the sales part of B&B. Let us know how they treat you...

Brown and Brown used to be the "host" dealership for Desert Corvette Association, the largest Corvette club in Arizona. At that time, they were giving discounts to members.

I never did hear why DCA moved to another dealership, I suppose politics or friends were involved.

I have never heard any complaints about Brown and Brown. Now Van Chevrolet, that's a different issue.

Guest waymirec

A very good friend of mine has a brother that works at B&B in mesa. I took my '99 there when it had problems with the harmonic balancer. Got great service.

Guest DREAM C-5

I went to Brown & Brown on Saturday as planned. I got to see and test drive an 05 Vette. I was treated very well there and I could see my self buying a car from them in the future :cheers: The test drive was great I really liked the way the new vette drove. I not so sure on all the gadetry in the car but I did like the way it drove. I drove a DS.O.M. COUPE.

Fred :flag:

I bought from them back in 1992. At that time I worked with the fleet department and had great service. I would imagine it would still be the same.

Good Luck on you purchase if you decide to buy.

Guest XLR8TNC5

My husband and I bought a 1998 Formula Firebird from them back in 2001 and they were the fastest, easiest, and nicest dealership I have ever dealt with, and we have bought a LOT of cars in the past.

Sunset Orange Metallic eh? That is my FAVORITE COLOR for the C-6.... NICE!

Tanya

• 3 months later...

When buying a vehicle, I only used the dealer to look at the product. When it came to actually purchasing the vehicle, I used the Internet for the lowest bidder.

A 50K car can cost you a l lot in taxes, that's why some of the snowbirds buy their 200K motor home from a state with low taxes and plates.

When I bought my 96 C4, I got it for $500 over dealer cost, when some dealers were charging $1000 over the MSRP price just because they had one.

Internet sales are done thru the fleet sales unless the dealer actuals has ainternet department.

I had a dealer in Texas last week said if I wanted to avoid sales tax, that he would sale the vehicle to an employee and the employee would sale back to me tax free. I'm not sure how that would have worked out if it was possible or legal, I never followed thru with that offer.

I ended up buying a 99 C5 from Phil in Gilbert and I am very happy with it.

Well congrats on getting Phil's 99....that is a beautiful vette. I hope you have a blast in it... :cheers:

3,503 lbs of trouble
I had a dealer in Texas last week said if I wanted to avoid sales tax, that he would sale the vehicle to an employee and the employee would sale back to me tax free. I'm not sure how that would have worked out if it was possible or legal, I never followed thru with that offer.

congrats on your new ride. Nice car and Phil cared for it well!!! I'm sure you will love her and i'm sure Phil will miss her!!!