NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

C5 Jack Insert Wanted

Chameleon

Depending on what you wish to buy (besides the jacking puck) I have heard of many folks using hockey pucks. They are solid rubber and pose no issues. Once weight is applied, they aren't going anywhere (slipping) There is a write up somewhere online how to make your own jacking pucks using hockey pucks and a screw in eye bolt, that one that looks like a hook or question mark. Looked like a money saver to me. But, good luck. Some C5 jacking puck sets can be found for under $60.00 for all four.

I have a pair that were made from hockey pucks. You can buy pucks cheap at Play it Again Sports (32nd st and Greenway) and an eye bolt from Home Depot and you've got a set for about $10. Stop by and I'll show you mine (there's a tag line for you).

Quicksilver98

Hockey pucks are hard to come by in Arizona. When I was looking to make some a year ago I checked 3 of our local Play it Again Sports and none of them had any. Ended up buying some from a guy on the big auction site. If I remember correctly I paid maybe 20 bucks including shipping for all four of them with the eyebolts and all included. They have worked very well.

I used pucks without the eyebolt, never has a problem because once the weight is on it they won't move!