NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Don Becker

knkayotte

there's a name i haven't seen in a while.

last i remember hearing from him he was having problems of all sorts. including the possibility of going back to a carb setup after all that work

DON - WHERE ARE YOU????

3,503 lbs of trouble

I saw Don & Liz at the Pavs a few weeks ago. I think they both have a lot going on, so he has not had a lot of time to post.

Don used to post on Corvettecrew.com. I missed his project updates and tracked him down on this forum. He is really good at providing details of problems and solutions.

I am working on a TPI conversion on an '81 and really interested in Don's experiences. Hope to get an update soon.

Welcome to Phantom :howdy

Well I hope you get more information from Don.

Remember this is a place to also share your knowledge with Corvettes and Read whay is going on in ArizonA.

Maybe you might be out here some day, and if so, make sure and look us up.

Phil... :devil

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everbody!!

Sorry, I gotta change my email in my profile...had some hosting issues.

I've been doing good. Had a couple of breakdowns (that were entirely NOT EFI system related) right before the holidays.

Almost decided to sell the vette but we're keeping it.

Our house (by 24th & Roeser / South Mountain area) should be done around June.

I've received clearance, and 6 to 8 months after the house I'll be putting the order in for my new toy:

an elise! (www.lotuscars.com)

The EFI system is running good. I still have all my pics and notes and need to make the time to get the document detailing the conversion done.

I recently replaced the hack job throttle cable with a OEM one from an 86, which has completely eliminated the gas pedal sticking problem that I had before. After putting it on, immediately the idle RPM went from 1000 down to 800. A rough preliminary estimate is around 20-25 mpg. which is pretty good.

I recently ripped out the false door and the computer stuff in the back to clean it up. I needed to wrap all the wiring to avoid...problems :)

Should be finished installing it this week. I'll try to get some better pics of the system running.

I need to start working on the fuel issues with the EFI, it runs ok, but I have so-so accelleration and I need to start getting it tuned to an emissions-friendly mix, I need to get tags (my Ohio expire in Sept.).

BTW, can't figure out how to update my email in my profile, so here is my current"

donbecker@ DELETETHISPARTITISNTPARTOFTHEEMAIL donbeckeronline.com

BTW, can't figure out how to update my email in my profile, so here is my current"

donbecker@ DELETETHISPARTITISNTPARTOFTHEEMAIL donbeckeronline.com

You email has been updated.

Glad to hear you are doing fine and you are still working on the car to get it right.

Hope to see you at an event soon.

Phil... :devil

Phil, thanks for changing my email.

Liz (the understanding wife) may have booked my Saturday, if not, I'll probably be down at the Pavillions with the vette, good chance to see the EFI up close if anyone is interested...

3,503 lbs of trouble
I've received clearance, and 6 to 8 months after the house I'll be putting the order in for my new toy: an elise! (www.lotuscars.com)

:thumbs I do have a natural fondness towards Lotus since I sort of own one. Sure you don't want to go Exige? :burnout

Oh yea, and we would love to have you & Liz come to the Gila Bend BBQ this Saturday. It's the biggest A.C.E. event of the year, and my buddy with the Mega Squirt DeLorean will be attending.

Ah!

Then we will have to come!

I need to step it up to get the pc w/GPS back in the car by then, but I should be able to make it.

Not 100% on Liz though...