NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

new job w00t

AZ Z51

So my father is working for this grading and landscaping company,They decided to let on of their maintenance techs go.So my father mentioned that I was a mechanic and three phone interviews later I got the job.

I havent had to filled out a job application in about ten years.

I get a 04 Silverado 2500 work truck that I get to take home,with a gas card.And they told me that once in a while I will be doing some heavy repairs but fore the most part I will go job site to job site changing oil,replacing hydraulic hoses and some smaller repairs such as running lights,etc.

They are starting me at $15 an hour with garranted over time And from what I hear the owner has no problem giving big raises to people who prove themselves.

I knew this was going to be a good year :thumbs

Guest XLR8TNC5

SHWEET! Its nice to hear something positive is happening for ya! See, I still believe it isnt what you know, its who you know that gets you ahead in this world.. LMAO....Actually, it sounds like you have what they are looking for and finally, someone sees that for ya. Congrats.

T

Very :cool . New jobs are always a challenge but I have mine (2-3 mos ago) a very nice change.

You're right Tanya, it's not what you know but rather who you know. almost 80% of jobs are filled via networking.

Gongrats on the new job.... It's always good to start the year with a positive....

Networking??? What is this networking that you speak of???

Andrew

Gongrats on the new job.... It's always good to start the year with a positive....

Networking??? What is this networking that you speak of???

Andrew

it's what people like ME do - "linking" computers and servers and printers, etc.

:leaving

anybody got any networking for someone that does networking? :rolf