NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

I have no friends either....

ICULUKN

In the immortal words of Rodney King, "why can't we all get along"?

Sounds the our own version of Pinks. :lol

Well I have been placed in moderation on Corvetteforum and the bad posts have been removed....

oh well... F' Bill Reid....

He basiclly said that ACE is a bunch of followers because you all dont use Extreme anymore and have found other shops, partly due to my experiences (partly from their own) Oh well.. No big lose...

3,503 lbs of trouble
Well I have been placed in moderation on Corvetteforum and the bad posts have been removed....

He basiclly said that ACE is a bunch of followers because you all dont use Extreme anymore and have found other shops, partly due to my experiences (partly from their own) Oh well.. No big lose...

Glenn, you're always up to offer a challenge. That's you. There's nothing wrong with it. In this case, again, that's all you seemed to do. From what I could tell, it was not you who's "panties were getting bunched up".

dude - it's not just you - we listen to ALL of you guys - even Waymire said he had problems there too.

and on phils car i think someone muttered the the words were "unFu*$ing the tune that they did" (and notice i'm not using ANY names here)

being the "new guy" in high horsepower, i have to listen closely to what every one says - so i can learn from the mistakes some of you have already been through.

oh yeah, and Glenn - i'll be your friend! :rolf

Guest XLR8TNC5

:rant OMG! How lame is that whole thing.

You know, it all goes back to the sterotype of the kind of person who drives a Corvette. And that thread does nothing to disprove it!

I thought Glenn and Kevin were pals. Im not about to get into the middle of this, but maybe this is a sign that too much "testosterone" is being flung about these cars.

Who cares really? It is all about eveyone's love of their Corvettes. Period. I could give a rats ass how much more money someone has in their car, how much faster their car is, what turbo kit they have, what shop installed it. IT is all a matter of perspective.

As far as the comment Bill made about ACE. Wow! All I can say is I have given plenty of money to both Xtreme and AzP&S and I put my loyalties in AZP&S only because I have spent more time with Mike and have a little better comfort level. But I have nothing but respect for Xtreme. So, Bill's comment is wayyyyyyy out of line based on whatever it was Glenn said about ACE. That was totally unfair to group us into "sheep." But whatever. Not my problem.

I think Chad is fantastic over at Xtreme and I love talking to him and he has been great with me. When Mike was there, he was great with me. But Im just more comfortable with Mike O. from AZP&S. IT had nothing to do with Glenn's comments about anyone.

RANT OFF. :rant

T

So, Bill's comment is wayyyyyyy out of line...

:agree All I can say is that I have been to Xtreme and have sat on the sidelines just "observing" what takes place. I don't say much, I just take it all in.

My advice to anyone, beware of what you say within the confines of the Xtreme offices. On many occasion, I have been there as the staff (who will remain unnamed) have discussed other customers in a VERY unprofessional manner. Which always lead me to ask what the he77 they were saying about us when we left?!?!?!

As much help that Glenn extended to Bill Reid when he was let go, and as much as they talked after he was let go - as friends - I am pretty disappointed in his comments. And for Bill to try and throw others under the bus saying that "we all laughed at you when you left" the corvette Saturdays, well, that is simply a lack of class IMO.

Keep in mind that this is coming from someone (me) who has no motivation whatsoever. I don't spend money at any shop and I don't really care too much one way or another. I will say this, I'd just as soon see Glenn go to ADS - as they have never steered him wrong and always have a professional staff that is exhibited in their behavior. (I told Glenn this for YEARS, while he stood by trying to show his loyalty to Xtreme...)

WOW!!!! That was wierd....

Maybe I'll just stay with my GTO.... :)

I'm still your friend too.

Andrew

well that shot at Bill Reid got me a 2 week ban from Corvette Forum. All posts that I make will be 'moderated' for the next 14 days.

well that shot at Bill Reid got me a 2 week ban from Corvette Forum. All posts that I make will be 'moderated' for the next 14 days.

i must have missed the "shot" i just read his "counter"

was it really that bad?

Well, I barely know Bill but I feel he owes us all an apology. It's okay for him to take a cheap shot at us???

i must have missed the "shot" i just read his "counter"

was it really that bad?

Ya I dug into him pretty good.... asking the real reason why he was requested to leave xtreme amongst other things. You know me... nothing off limits........ I know the real reason... but this is not the time... dont want to get banned here too....

I'll be your friend too, Glenn. But you and I suffer from the same problem sometimes....foot in mouth disease. I'm not taking sides here either but I truly think the tempers flared and the feathers began to fly.

I don't worry too much about what other people think, because the reality is I don't care. But the one thing that my mom taught me is that if you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing. Xtreme has always treated me fairly and politely. I admit that I have never had the amount of work or the complexity of work done on my car as you have had done to yours. I will patronize vendors that treat me in that manner. I expect to pay for the work I request - and in return, I expect that the shop will perform the requested work in a professional manner.

Next time I see you - remind me to tell you the story on how one of my friends was treated at a shop located in Chandler with her Vette. I felt much the same way you did - I was and continue to be furious, and I expect that the situation be rectified or I will be telling everyone the name of the shop and the details.

Hang in there, Bud! :thumbs

Well, I barely know Bill but I feel he owes us all an apology. It's okay for him to take a cheap shot at us???

Bill took a cheap shot at ACE? I can't see the original posts and did not get to read them.

First, if this is true, it's very sad. Bill was a founding member of ACE, long before I was even around.

Second, ACE as a group never said any thing bad about Bill Reid or Xtreme. Hell, many times we tried to get their involvement in the local 'Vette community. Bill even arranged for them to be a poker run stop in 2004.

However, Bill and Xtreme need to realize that they are not the only shop in town anymore. There are too many other options in town.

I hope that Bill and Chad at Xtreme don't really feel this way about the members of ACE. 250 + people can have a huge influence in the local 'Vette community. ACE is the ONLY Corvette forum in Arizona and many people read the comments both here and in the CF. Best way to loose business and loose friends is to get the local community to have a reason not to like you anymore.

I am sure that if there are any other business owners or managers that read this that they would agree that you want to keep the loyal customer's happy in a day of internet forums and large community groups such as ACE. Once you piss off one or two members of a large group, then it's not long before you have a bad name with everyone in the group. Once that happens they might as well either close shop or start doing ricers.

Word of mouth goes a lot further in the 21st century.

dont want to get banned here too....

Probably not going to happen here as we don't take advertisement money here so we can always feel free to post what we want. We don't have to worry about a sponsor pulling their add because someone said something the sponsor didn't like.

I missed it all.

Does anyone have the cliff notes or the play by play? If a local shop said bad things about this group I think the group should know about it and not have it washed away like some other places do.

If it was just another member and not the shop that was posting, then that's his opinion. Since they don't work for the shop any longer what they say shouldn't really be taken as word from the current management of the shop.

Bill Reids posting IMO did not reflect Xtreme... Chad is still okay in my book, even though IMO he doesnt like me (hence my link back to C/F about my brakes)..

Bill was a founding member of ACE, but never really participated after Jack moved from scottsdale up north... With over 3 years of un-involvement I would not still consider him a founder.... Even when he was involved (poker run in 2004)... his participation was so minimal. I'll call you and give you the shortened version of how he showed his true colors.

I would like to say that Extreme had no part in the comment and there should be no reason to malign them. I have always felt they do little or nothing to befriend the local Vette community. If you have $40k to put into a hi performance Vette they are the place to go and they welcome you with open arms. I consider myself an average owner and make most of my purchases online because of the feelings I get when I go into Extreme. They could significantly improve their business if they embraced the local guy who only wanted an accessory now and then. Again these are my feelings and they did not in anyway get involved in the controversy.

Bill basically said ACE members were a bunch of followers and we would believe anything Glenn said as gospel. That is not a quote but my interpretation. I don't know why Bill was involved in the post as it was between Kevin and Glenn.

3,503 lbs of trouble
Bill basically said ACE members were a bunch of followers and we would believe anything Glenn said as gospel.  That is not a quote but my interpretation.

:agree

I did read it (yes I even finally saw page 2 regardless of :cfdeadagain , and Eddie is correct. If you all were a bunch of Glenn followers, Doug at ADS would certainly have his hands very full, yet I see most of the rest of you (that are into the mod & horsepower building) supporting AZP&S & Nick the tuner these days. I think it just shows how out of touch Bill is with this Group.

Glenn was just being Glenn. I didn't see him actually insulting anyone or anything as much as just posting a challenge in the "put up, or shut up" way that Glenn does. I know Glenn and Kevin are friends, at least I think and hope they still are, so I didn't see this as more than just banter between them, and not actual hostility. Bill got personal, and things started going downhill from there.