NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

2004 Mag red metallic for sale

AZBuckeye

I am about to trade my 2004 in for a 2009 on Monday. The dealer is offering 20k for it which is about midpoint for trade-in value. Private party It has 49,900 miles, originally purchased in Nov 2003. Manual, Heads up display, 12 disk changer, and Billy Boat Exhaust. Good condition although some wear that you would expect on an 04. Kelly Bluebook private party value is 22,990 for good cond. I am not looking to make anything more than what the dealer will give, but if I am going to trade it in for that I wanted to see if anyone knows someone who might be interested. Better than giving the dealer the extra profit. I can be reached at 602-316-8165 and will be around to show it all weekend. Randy

post-480-1256969434.jpg

food for thought.. my math may be wrong but hear me out. the Trade in value is what they will give you. anything over that they are actually taking away from the built in buffer 'sale' price of the car itself. the higher $$$ number you trade in, the LESS sales tax you pay on the car. so if you had $50k in cash (pre approved loan/ drug money :D and proceeds from private party sale of the 04') you would pay 8.03% on the $50k = $4015 by trading in the 04' they state the value of $25k - $50k on the 09' = you pay 8.03%sales tax on the remander $25k = $2007.50 That is a $2007.50 diffference in taxes you dont have to pay. ..god forbid if you are in carefree, cave creek, ghila bend, or El marage with 9.7% slaes tax.

I guess talking to you in Laughlin about my C6 pushed you over the edge to get one huh? Chad did it to me...Welcome to the club

I understand that in California you pay sales tax on price of the car, trade-in don't matter.

I guess talking to you in Laughlin about my C6 pushed you over the edge to get one huh?

Chad did it to me...Welcome to the club

Yeah, That and the fact that they are giving the GMS price and 0% financing

Spill the beans on teh '09 ... color, options .etc...

Black, headsup, nav system, z51.

Was thinking Yellow, but only 1 of those and its in Denver and would cost $800-$1000 to ship

Was thinking Yellow, but only 1 of those and its in Denver and would cost $800-$1000 to ship

or a $200 plane ticket and a day drive back. Just do it between snow storms.

or a $200 plane ticket and a day drive back. Just do it between snow storms.

:withstupid and no way I buy black out here in the desert. The dust is murder. Black looks good, but yuck to keeping it clean. :lol

Spill the beans on teh '09 ... color, options .etc...

Black, headsup, nav system, z51.

A month or two from now................free delivery (Karen drives).