** Chris... Here is your Vis Hood

ICULUKN

You guys really like that hood? I think it's over the top. Looks weird IMHO. Doesn't blend in well at all with the C5 body especially from the side view. Maybe if I saw it in person.

:withstupid I thought I was the only one that thought it looks weird. There are better looking hoods IMHO.

Guest XLR8TNC5

Yeah, I think if I had the Tiger Shark or Caravaggio rear end (with the flippey rear wing) that it would probably look better with that hood. But Mark thinks it is also TOO HIGH in the side profile. I mainly like it because it is only 24 pounds. (10 pounds less than the stocker) and it is Carbon Fiber and I LOVEEE that carbon fiber hood look.

I love the MCM hood, but man, $1600!!! And I don't know if you can get it just in the CF look without having to paint it. I have also looked at a few other hoods and I guess Im not into quite a few of those with the multi-slit looking things on the top. lol.

This is really the only one I liked almost as much as the MCM.

Lata,

T

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

just got back from the greyhound station at 21st street and buckeye - the hood is now in my posession.

can't wait to get the car back - who wants to help put it on? :leaving

• 2 months later...

don't think there is any such thing as perfect alignment -

however, the new hood is on - i put it on today - i think it looks pretty cool - i'll try and take a pic or 2 tomorrow, as i think i'm goin drivin tonight as i have a kitchen pass for a few hours and it's gettin' dark

:drinkers

• 2 weeks later...
Tio James

Vis makes three styles of hoods. They are all carbon fiber. One is almost stock looking, one is the high rise pictured here and the third is the extractor with several large louvers. They are advertised on E-bay. I paid $620 for mine new. Fit is very good, carbon fiber finish is excellent.