NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

400 ci Project Motor for Sale

LastC3

My brother who's in Denver has the following ...... sounds like a great deal .... "400 cu.in. small block. It has a 268 grind cam w/ roller rockers. Bored .020 with standard pistons. I polished the crank and put in new crank bearings (rods and mains)(.010). The motor has not been turned over since the refresh. It has an Edelbrock 600cfm carb, new fuel pump, new hi torque (small) starter, rams horn exhaust mans., a new alt. and a good 400 flex plate. The entire engine has been painted Chevrolet orange except for the Edelbrock intake and the rams horns. I have a few dress-up items for it but nothing spectacular. This was going to be a stealth 'stock' motor for the '57 so I didn't want it to be too flashy, but just go like a bat-outa-hell. The trans. is a TH350 turbo short tail. It was rebuilt to handle about 450+ horses. Has 2-3k miles on the rebuild while it was in my roadster. Like new w/ a stock converter and a 2200 stall converter and a second stage shift kit." He told me the basic engine has about 3000 miles on it after the inital build .. but didn't like to way is sounded, so re-did the crank and bearings ... Can probably get this thing for about 3k plus shipping ... PM me if you have interest ....