NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Welcome to MOTV8

1EvilC5

Welcome Dean :howdy

Here is what you have already shared with us about your BLACK Corvette:

98 Black ragtop w/A4, Halltech Stinger w/cold-air mod, Z06 screens, B&B bullet cat-back, Optima red top, Bosch plugs & wires, Goodyear F1 Gs-D3's on factory chromes, limo tint and blackout kit

Now how about some pictures and when are you going to make it out to one of the events so we can meet you.

Phil... :devil

:howdy Very cool. Thank you for the welcome. I've been over on the CorvetteForum for awhile, I guess it was the first one I found when I went looking for answers. But I recently followed a link over here, and it looks like I'll be able to finally get some good advice on LOCAL stuff. Like who puts on new convertible tops that your wife buys you for X-mas? :smilelol That'll be one of my first posts! Anyway, thanks again for the congeniality. I hope to get out and meet some of you, as soon as NFL play-offs are over! :thumbs Very nice forum BTW.

I had mine done under warranty about a year and a half ago. Midway did the warranty work but even the service writer said they don't do them, they sub it out to an upholstery shop. He said there is no way an individual should try it. I'll dig through my receipts and let you know. I think the shop was mentioned on the receipt.

Put Gila Bend on your calendar. It's definitely a don't miss event! :thumbs

I had mine done under warranty about a year and a half ago. Midway did the warranty work but even the service writer said they don't do them, they sub it out to an upholstery shop. He said there is no way an individual should try it. I'll dig through my receipts and let you know. I think the shop was mentioned on the receipt.

Put Gila Bend on your calendar. It's definitely a don't miss event! :thumbs

That explains why yours is so clean!

MOTV8-Actually, I've had a bunch of vert tops replaced and found a couple places that do good work. One in Mesa does exceptional work, but is pricey. Another in Phoenix is also good, less expensive, but leaving the car was a little scary....

I'll dig up the names if you're interested-

M~

I had mine done under warranty about a year and a half ago.  Midway did the warranty work but even the service writer said they don't do them, they sub it out to an upholstery shop. He said there is no way an individual should try it.  I'll dig through my receipts and let you know. I think the shop was mentioned on the receipt. 

Put Gila Bend on your calendar.  It's definitely a don't miss event!  :thumbs

That explains why yours is so clean!

MOTV8-Actually, I've had a bunch of vert tops replaced and found a couple places that do good work. One in Mesa does exceptional work, but is pricey. Another in Phoenix is also good, less expensive, but leaving the car was a little scary....

I'll dig up the names if you're interested-

M~

:yesnod Please, any referral you have to give is much appreciated. I wasn't really worried about how much I spent on getting the top put on until I priced the weatherstripping at Midway! :U My post-holiday pillaged budget raised an eyebrow, especially after the wife just got nailed on 75th Ave doin' 63 in a 40, which is technically criminal speeding in Peoria. Good thing we invested $7,000 in anti-apprehension saline implants, so she gets traffic school. But I digress...lol. Which brings me back to my questions: does the weatherstripping have to replaced at the same time as the top? If, say, the left side window never leaks and looks good, can they just do the right side where the little leak is? Or does it all have to be done? Does ANY of it HAVE to be done when re-skinning the top? Does it rip or something during the top replacement? What the hell kinda X-mas gift ends up making you rip your hair out? :willy Thanks for the help! This really should be part of my post over on the repair forum asking the same stuff, but my bad! :cfdeadagain

post-5-1137475509.jpg

They told me it's impairitive you replace the seal around the bottom rear of the top (where it meets the tonneau cover). I would be willing to bet you leak is not the weatherstrip but adjustment of the window. The window can be adjusted in or out against the weatherstrip for better contact. I'd try one of the suggested shops and she what they advise but you've got my .02.