OK - Who broke ACE

jstrutt

Quit your bitchin or we'll double your bill this month! :lol :lol (2 smilies = humor)

Quit your bitchin or we'll double your bill this month! :lol :lol (2 smilies = humor)

I ain't bitchin, just asking. And I never paid last months bill so there.

What's Canadian money worth anyway? :smilelol

And I'm blaming Dawg for the outage. Why not, what could possibly happen?

And I never paid last months bill so there.

And you're asking who broke ACE?? You answered your own question. :lol

Seems to be some domain issues with the address connecting to the server or something stupid like that.

I have been on the server trying to figure out why!

Sorry guys, hope to have this resolved soon!

Dammit John! Would you just pay your bill so the Forum would quit going down :toetap

your efforts are appreciated dawg .... i'm certain you had better things to do ...??? :cheers

your efforts are appreciated dawg .... i'm certain you had better things to do ...??? :cheers

Yea, thanks Dwayne and I paid my bill. I sent the money to Eddie.

Ok it looks like the server had problems with the Apache Handlers, so the host restarted our server and hopefully that cures it...

Apache Handlers

A “handler” is an internal Apache command that tells the Apache server software what action to perform when a file is called. Generally, files have what is know as implicit handlers, which are based on the file type. Normally, all files are simply served by the server, but certain file types are “handled” separately.

For example, PHP files when served to the user are first run through the PHP program running on the server. They are processed and returned back to the Apache server to be sent to the user. This adds the ability to explicitly add handlers to Apache. This means that handlers can be specifically added to files without regard to the inherent type of file but based on the file extension.

What this means is that you can put PHP or asp code in a .html file and it will be processed by the PHP program on the server before being sent to the user.

just in case you wanted to know...

We were under attack by Apaches? :hunter

:withstupid but I want one of these instead... :gun5:

Holy crap! I thought we only had them up here.

cannondale5050

:huh:huh

Ok it looks like the server had problems with the Apache Handlers, so the host restarted our server and hopefully that cures it...

Apache Handlers

A “handler” is an internal Apache command that tells the Apache server software what action to perform when a file is called. Generally, files have what is know as implicit handlers, which are based on the file type. Normally, all files are simply served by the server, but certain file types are “handled” separately.

For example, PHP files when served to the user are first run through the PHP program running on the server. They are processed and returned back to the Apache server to be sent to the user. This adds the ability to explicitly add handlers to Apache. This means that handlers can be specifically added to files without regard to the inherent type of file but based on the file extension.

What this means is that you can put PHP or asp code in a .html file and it will be processed by the PHP program on the server before being sent to the user.

just in case you wanted to know...

Seems to be some domain issues with the address connecting to the server or something stupid like that.

I dont think we appreciate the Dawg enough. I propose a Dawg Day Afternoon Cruise, an afternoon in which we pay tribute to one of the main dudes who makes this site fun.

Dawg seems like a bartender at the local pup who listens, doesn't get mad, offers help or opinions without calling you a dumb ass and helps keep the subjects flow on top of fixing this site. I enjoy reading here as a way to destress, ya all are a groovy bunch.

Thanks D!

I am not ghey....I'm just sayin... :thankyou: .

Thanks Marco, we already have a Dawg day, it's in the spring and I do allot of cooking at it, and I don't get to cruise!

Things seem to be running better now, I hope it doesn't do that again.

ACE was broke??? THX Dawg, good on ya!!!

Well, ACE is still broke. But the forum is up and running. :lol

Anyone want to make a donation? :D

We were under attack by Apaches? :hunter

Holy crap! I thought we only had them up here.

nope - some of us found our way :neener_neener: back

I dont think we appreciate the Dawg enough. I propose a Dawg Day Afternoon Cruise, an afternoon in which we pay tribute to one of the main dudes who makes this site fun.

Dawg seems like a bartender at the local pup who listens, doesn't get mad, offers help or opinions without calling you a dumb ass and helps keep the subjects flow on top of fixing this site. I enjoy reading here as a way to destress, ya all are a groovy bunch.

Thanks D!

I am not ghey....I'm just sayin... :thankyou: .

:agree

Thanks Marco, we already have a Dawg day, it's in the spring and I do allot of cooking at it, and I don't get to cruise!

just think of how many tickets THAT alone has saved you -