• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wayner89

• Eddie44

• Big Poppa

• Loud Pedal

Top Posters In This Topic

Marana Rich

Can I go to Mexico, sneak back across the border, and apply for citizenship? Sounds like I would be better off than I am now.

This just makes me sick. :U

The scumbags in Washington want amnesty because it will translate into VOTES to keep them all in office. :ack

Amnesty is all about those in power staying in power; they need all these now illegal trespassers into our country to suddenly become legal voters, because the REAL citizens of this country are getting fed up with all the crap, making those in Washington nervous that their days in office are numbered. :banghead:banghead:banghead

I know you're just kidding but that's from May and hardly current. What's the status of that bill today? The real bill I mean, not the sensationalized version?

I know you're just kidding but that's from May and hardly current. What's the status of that bill today? The real bill I mean, not the sensationalized version?

Isn't it bad enough that they tried?

Hundreds of bills are introduced every session. Many of them go through numerous drafts and still get killed. That's the process, you gotta start somewhere. Musta been a slow news day.

Do you have any idea how many bills are defeated numerous times before they finally pass? The fact that this bill was ever even introduced should piss off every true American!

The fact that this bill was ever even introduced should piss off every true American!

The fact that it was introduced should make every true American proud of its legislature because it creates discussion and debate amongst lawmakers and raises overall public awareness. If someone doesn't spend the time and effort to draft a bill nothing ever gets done.

The fact that this bill was ever even introduced should piss off every true American!

The fact that it was introduced should make every true American proud of its legislature because it creates discussion and debate amongst lawmakers and raises overall public awareness. If someone doesn't spend the time and effort to draft a bill nothing ever gets done.

See the difference is I believe there is nothing to discuss. If you're here illegally then get the hell out and go to the back of the line if you want to get back here legally.

People say we can't bus them all home. True, but our sour economy has proven if you take jobs away, don't allow them to buy a vehicle, rent let alone buy a home or any of the other things there here for they will leave on their own. At that point they can apply to come back but they need to wait in line with those that have been waiting patiently for years.

Pretty simple isn't it?

I must add that this is getting political and we'll let it go as long as everyone is civil. If it appears we're beating that dead horse this thread will be closed.

See the difference is I believe there is nothing to discuss.

See, I think that's called a dictatorship.

I would say that's called being patriotic.

See the difference is I believe there is nothing to discuss.

See, I think that's called a dictatorship.

Do we not have laws already on the books that make these people "illegal aliens"? What part of illegal are you not understanding? What other laws would you overlook?

Ya, if we were in the 19th century, we'd still be allowed to execute them, instead of spending huge money to feed, house, medicate them, and then return them to Mexico so they can come back next week.

Our country, and our culture are being invaded, exploited, raped and pillaged from our neighbors to the south. Why do people refuse to acknowledge that?

Neat thing about laws is they can and do change with the times. We're not in the 19th century any longer.

True as long as the majority are for it and all the surveys I read say that 75-85% of the American people want the laws tougher and not weaker.

Our country, and our culture are being invaded, exploited, raped and pillaged from our neighbors to the south.

Ain't that the truth.

I was watching Disney XD (some cartoon channel) with the kids. Cox was airing commercials in SPANISH. It's an English channel, yet they are advertising in Spanish.

That infuriates the HELL out of me. I'm considering calling/emailing and complaining...like it will do any good.

I think they enrich our culture with theirs and support our economy by performing jobs Americans consider below their pay grade. I refuse to believe an ethnic group is responsible for raping and pillaging anymore than I believe all corvette owners are right wing lug nuts.

What other laws would you overlook?

Here's a snippet from a NYTimes article:

Google "this is a nation of laws," and you'll find a thousand online Cassandras warning that our failure to prosecute illegals is an invitation to anarchy. They are right about the U.S. being a nation of laws. But our legal system is not a house of cards, one flick away from collapse. U.S. jurisprudence has in fact always been a series of hedged bets, weighing the potential harm of a violation against the costs of enforcement. That's why people get arrested for assault but not for jaywalking. It's time to think seriously about exactly where the act of illegal immigration lies in the spectrum of criminality. Consider the complicity of U.S. employers ranging from multinational corporations to suburbanites looking for gardeners. Factor in the mixed signals that lax law enforcement sent to would-be immigrants throughout the '80s and '90s, and the crime should rank as a misdemeanor, not a felony. Even if we step up border enforcement in the future — as we should — it is true that for a long time, crossing the Rio Grande was akin more to jaywalking than breaking and entering.

What other laws would you overlook?

Here's a snippet from a NYTimes article:

Google "this is a nation of laws," and you'll find a thousand online Cassandras warning that our failure to prosecute illegals is an invitation to anarchy. They are right about the U.S. being a nation of laws. But our legal system is not a house of cards, one flick away from collapse. U.S. jurisprudence has in fact always been a series of hedged bets, weighing the potential harm of a violation against the costs of enforcement. That's why people get arrested for assault but not for jaywalking. It's time to think seriously about exactly where the act of illegal immigration lies in the spectrum of criminality. Consider the complicity of U.S. employers ranging from multinational corporations to suburbanites looking for gardeners. Factor in the mixed signals that lax law enforcement sent to would-be immigrants throughout the '80s and '90s, and the crime should rank as a misdemeanor, not a felony. Even if we step up border enforcement in the future — as we should — it is true that for a long time, crossing the Rio Grande was akin more to jaywalking than breaking and entering.

As I said earlier, you and this liberal rag believe illegal immigration is like jaywalking but you refuse to recognize approx 80% of your fellow Americans don't view it in the same light. I know you have your king in power right now but when are you and other libs going to understand this country is a democracy which means the majority rules? Last I checked 80% is more than the simple majority.

easy on the King, Libs and You/you're remarks eddie.

Keep it Civil please.

80% of your fellow Americans don't view it in the same light

while that may be true. If thoes 80% do not act then this country will contuniue down its current path.

Right or wrong

Pro/ Con for illegals

either way the apathy of the American citizen wil be the down fall of the US.

my 2 cts

If thoes 80% do not act then this country will contuniue down its current path. Either way the apathy of the American citizen wil be the down fall of the US.

:yesnod

either way the apathy of the American citizen wil be the down fall of the US.

my 2 cts

Absolutely 100% true.

...when are you and other libs going to understand this country is a democracy which means the majority rules? Last I checked 80% is more than the simple majority.

Democracy? You are clearly getting democracy and majority rule mixed up. That really surprises me. Fact is we are a constitutional republic. You might poll congress next time instead of fox.