NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

If you have a dog, see inside!

Guest AZ Power & Sound

Guest AZ Power & Sound

Well... found out the hard way that Dogs can get a sickness called "Parvo" pretty damn easily, even if they never leave the house or get around other dogs... My dog is currently in the hospital in pretty critical condition strapped to an IV trying to overcome the sickness... If you have a dog GO IMMEDIATLY to the vet and get your dog vaccinated! As of today, which is 4 days into the hospital visit, my bill is already at $1300 and rising at a rate of $300-$350 a day depending on which shots he needs to stay alive. They say he should pull through because I caught it early and hes a larger dog, I guess smaller dogs arent as fortunate.

Anyways figured I would share since ive done a ton of research now on this and plan to get him vaccinated regularly for any new strains of parvo because I sure as hell dont want to go through this, and I know my dog isnt happy at all

edhospital.jpg

Today at the hospital

I am sorry to hear about your dog. I have 2 and they are always fully vaccinated. I will say a prayer for her complete and speedy recovery.

Sorry to hear about that, we hope he pulls through with flying colors. At least it was caught in time. As one who had to recently put our 11 year old dog down after trying everything to give her a better life, we know what you are going through.

Good luck,

Andrew

Both are vaccinated from Parvo. Both spend the majority of the day outside.

Need to bleach down your house. Parvo can live in the ground and other areas for months. Even been told in can survive in the ground for a year or more.

Keith

Guest XLR8TNC5

Damn Mike,

Im sorry to hear of this. It has been an epidemic year for Parvo with dogs (2005.) Both of mine are vaccinated sufficiently, but they are indoor dogs for the most part. However, that being said, I agree, you need to bleach down your house and have your yard treated! This stuff is no joke. Im sorry about your baby.....We will keep your pup in our thoughts and hope they pull through!

God Bless,

T

Poor pup! I know parvo can be a big trauma for both dog and owner (and owner's wallet). In addition to the parvo vaccines, make sure you keep up with the heartworm ones-those two are hard hitters. We'll be thinking of your pup and hoping for the best!

M~

Sorry to to hear about your Dog. A good friend of ours dog went through the same same but has recovered. We just lost our Gorden Setter of 16 years to old age. Was a very sad x-mas. Hope your dog makes a fast and full recovery.

Guest AZ Power & Sound

Good news! picked him up today!!

bad news... I think hes been holding his pee since he started drinking water yesterday... still cleaning it up :(

I've got a set of hip boots if you need em :lol:lol

I'm sure you're just glad to see him not suffering :angel

Guest 1FASTC4

Glad to hear he is going to be ok! The fatality rate for parvo is pretty high so I'm very pleased/relieved for your good fortune.

Fortunately, the dangers of parvo are common knowledge and most people get their animals vaccinated.