NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Car is up on jacks

Bigfoot

Well, put her back up in the air today and swapped these out...

l_42263.jpg

...for these.

45361.jpg

The adjustable ones are really "cluncky" as you drive. Didn't bother me too much, but since I got the others from a forum member I decided to swap them out.

I have several other things planned over the next week, but damn its hot. :tumbleweed:

One day at a time and one thing at a time. I'll post up pics as I go along.

I think you'll like the new joints, I put them on mine to get rid of the crappy stock ones.

Michael with the funny :thumbs

I have heard the adjustable ones are noisy. You will like the new ones.

Ok, was able to get back in, over and under her today (puns intended :lol )

Replaced these...

001-1.jpg

...with these to start with.

002-1.jpg

The ones LG sent originally sucked and I found the top ones at NAPA as a temp until I ordered better ones. The NAPA clamps just didn't seal the collectors well at all and allowed leaking.

Next I started with this...

004-1.jpg

Its a fuel pressure sender for pillar gauges I'm installing...see below.

While running the wires for the sender, I pulled the inner driver's side fender well and found these..."udders." I don't know what they are for, but they were all full of dirt, leaves and other muck. I had to "milk" them and use a shop-vac in order to get all the crap out.

003-1.jpg

I'm not done with this part of the project yet, but here's how far I've gotten so far. I'm looking for a good 12V switched source and a place to tap into the headlights for the lights on the gauges as well.

Anyone know what's best on the driver's side for these power sources? I'm too hot and tired to start hunting for them at the moment. But at this point all I need is those 2 power sources, grounding, and tidy up the rest of the install.

Don't worry Chad, I have a plan to make the airvent look like a factory install.

005.jpg

place to tap into the headlights for the lights on the gauges as well.

good luck with that. from my memory banks its rather tough.

I had a friend custom make PC boards to control the Dashlight control.

I saw on CF once where they were hooking up lights under the dash once, search for dual headlights for an underdash wiring diagram, if you cant find it I have it bookmarked at home.

Well, I searched Dawg, can't seem to find it. Post link when you get home please. I'll keep looking until then.

Thanks, :thumbs

Ok, I managed to find all the wiring needed.

One problem keeping me from buttoning the whole thing up.

Turned the ignition to on, my Auto Meter fuel pressure gauge started at zero and jumps immediately to max (over 100)...then does its self test cycling from 100 to 0, back to 100 and stays there.

Turn the key off, stays at 100. Turn ignition back on, cycles 100 - 0 - 100 and stays at 100.

Now I don't know if the sender is bad or the gauge itself. :(

Good thing is I don't have to remove any wiring and either one of those is easy to pull out, but damn!!!!

Anyone know what to look for?

The air fuel ratio gauge is working just fine and they are sharing power and ground.

check your ground?

Yep, it's good. Its even sharing with another gauge that is working fine.

I even have the gauge sitting on my desk right now...reading over 100 psi.

I had to send the fuel pressure gauge to Auto Meter to get checked out (hopefully it's not the sender or it will take longer...all they wanted was the gauge).

Now I'll have an empty hole on my pillar pod for at least a week. :(

I did get in and take care of the rear mat I got from Mark (mrhusker). Don't look Mark, I had to cut it a bit. :lol

I think it looks good and you have to really look to see what I did to it (except at the blow down tube, but not much I could do there).

001-2.jpg

002-2.jpg

003-2.jpg

004-2.jpg

This looks way better than the factory wrinkled carpet that is beneath it. :lol I like the look. :thumbs

She'll stay on jacks until Monday evening. Picking up tires from Chad tomorrow to replace the crappy Kuhmos on there now. Besides being crappy, they are at the wear bars.

Anyone know where I can get a decent set of fronts? :lol

These are going to be cool. I love this tread pattern. :thumbs

The old ones are at the wear bars, so perfect timing. :D

They are a touch shorter than stock...

001-2.jpg

...and a touch wider. :D

002-1.jpg

Thanks Chad

Your going to like the ride without kuhmos... I did the rears and it made a difference.

Rears are mounted, cleaned and installed. Fronts are on order, should be here on Thurs or Fri. Man I love the look.

001-3.jpg

002-2.jpg

003-1.jpg

Now here's the kicker. Stock size tire for this wheel is 275/45-18. These tires are 295/35-18. I can't look at these and say they are not the right size. :D So instead of the 245/45-17 stock front, I ordered 255/40-17...BFG g-Force KDW T/A

004-1.jpg

Two weeks and she's finally down!!!

Got new front tires mounted last night and put on today.

WOW, what a difference tires make. :eek

004-2.jpg

003-2.jpg

001-4.jpg

002-3.jpg

With the Kuhmos I had to really roll a long way through a corner before applying power...even smooth corners.

Well, I was 1/3 through a corner with a good bump in it and decided to punch it to see what happened.

She HELD!!! I could feel the car trying to make the tires let go, but they said, "nope, we're good. Push it baby!"

I am so damned stoked and can't wait to really test these things out! I wonder if I can get up early enough on the 15th to make the Mt. Lemmon run. Hmmm

Oh, did I mention how I love the way these things look too????? :D

Glad you are happy again. Sounds like they are good tires. Now you can really go out and break s**t.......

Lookin good Sean .... really like the meaty look from the back ... Good Score.

Got my fronts mounted last nite .... hopefully next month I can do the backs ... they too are getting down there on tread !!! :thumbs