• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jstrutt

• Desertdawg

• Bigfoot

• Two Fangs

I just hate driving 2,000 miles for a free beer....make it 2 and I'll be there.

Hell, I've got at least 12 in the fridge if ya want. :lol:cheers:

Tuesday 4:30 :smilelol:smilelol

I tell you what, you come 2000 miles, and the night's drinks (for you, everyone else calm down and remember to bring your wallets) are on me.

I'll be here...just PM me and I'll give you my addy and phone number. :thumbs

I'll be here...just PM me and I'll give you my addy and phone number. :thumbs

Got them both Sean. You're better half gave them to me for your last surprise birthday party. You know, when you turned 63.

Got them both Sean. You're better half gave them to me for your last surprise birthday party. You know, when you turned 63.

Hey now, that's still 23 years away and about 60 behind you. :lol

Notice how quiet Eddie is?

Notice how quiet Eddie is?

Like Kim always tells me..... no matter how old I get you'll always be older!

Look who's up early from their nap :leaving

He was up but forgot where he was............ :smilelol:smilelol:smilelol

I'm sure we could make it disappear from the main forum view, but I havn't had any complaints yet...

Consider this the first then...as that and much of the other untasteful public postings IMHO puts an ugly face on ACE. That public face should be strictly related to Corvettes. Again, just my opinion.

Now say I did make it invisible to all except those that want in, and tomorrow JoeBlow joins, how would he know it was there unless I or another mod told him about it? Is that any better than seeing it listed?

Much better, but there are also many other creative ways to notify members about forums they may have interest in. For instance- all new registrants seem to be welcomed with a thread in the members' area. There could be a pinned notification there. A list of discreet forum titles and their description could be listed in the automated registration email or even in the monthly e-newsletter. Not the best option- but Mods of the forums in question could recruit based on an individual's postings; whether they lean political or perverted, both or neither.

I think there is a huge difference between Chads Warped Section, and a section where you can discuss the finer points of our political system and our elected officials, or the subtle nuances of religion and the everlasting effects it will have on your soul.

That's where we differ, as public jokes and entire ongoing, multi-page threads dedicated to bodily functions are much more distasteful to me than what anyone could possibly say about my view on President Obama.

You said it yourself......
There are plenty of political forums on the net...its always better to argue with people you don't care about.

I did say that and I believe it. I also believe that patching things up over a cold one after a disagreement with a friend is one of the better experiences that life has to offer. If that doesn't happen than maybe those individuals were really never friends in the first place. In the end, a hidden/discreet political, religious or controversial forum should help its members learn, tolerate and finally understand varying viewpoints.

As that will pretty much end my lobbying and I hope I didn't overstep my bounds. :)

In the end, a hidden/discreet political, religious or controversial forum should help its members learn, tolerate and finally understand varying viewpoints.

Speaking from recent first hand experience, I don't see it happening. Learning, tolerating and understanding political and controversial viewpoints of others doesn't work too well in this arena, I have found. Holy cow, for pete's sake we can have an argument that lasts two weeks on motor oil, why in the world do we need to bring politics and controversy into it?

I think we're just going around in circles with this thread. It was beaten to death a while ago and we decided no PR section.

For everyone's sanity I'm closing this one.

I'm sure we could make it disappear from the main forum view, but I havn't had any complaints yet...

Consider this the first then...as that and much of the other untasteful public postings IMHO puts an ugly face on ACE. That public face should be strictly related to Corvettes. Again, just my opinion.

I know this is closed, but I felt the need to point out one reason why Off Topic exists.

"Off Topic

A place for our members to discuss non-Corvette related topics.

Please do keep things clean and civil. Off Topic does not mean anything goes!"

If we didn't have an Off Topic section then many of the technical and general threads about Corvettes would be overrun with the joking around we all do. Sure some of the topics get a little off kilter but they are still moderated to keep them clean.

I'm sure you will run across a thread or two that you don't agree with, we all do.

Just remember something I have always said:

You don't have to click on it.

but if you do,

You don't have to click the reply button.