NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Az possible legislature

anmracing2

Hey everyone. Check it out. Melissa told me about this a couple of weeks ago. Do any of you think this can get squeezed in without anyone knowing???? We need to send email to Sen. Jarrett to let her know this won?t fly??

http://www.gtoforum.com/showthread.php?p=53384#post53384

http://www.azleg.state.AZ.us/legtext/47leg...s/sb1028p%2Epdf

We don't need it, we don't want it......

mjarrett@azleg.state.AZ.us.

Andrew

AZ has gone through this two or three times in my lifetime. I can't imagine them wanting to bring it back. I'd love to hear the argument for it. As most of you know I'm retired LE and I wouldn't support it. It's a waste of money and there is not a valid argument that I can see to support it. Keep us up on what is doing with it and if we need to write letters, send emails or make phone calls.

I wouldn't run one but I really don't want the hassle of being illegal either. Trust me it gives the cops something to stop you for if they want.

They don't even enforce the other plate laws why would they care about one on the front? A licence plate is for identification and every day I see cars that the plate is behind a smoked or dirty plate cover or one of those funky camera proof ones that you could only see the numbers if they had just run you over and were going straight away from you. :mad If I was LE those would be my primary targets!!!! Ok, I'm through now. Robert

They don't even enforce the other plate laws why would they care about one on the front? A licence plate is for identification and every day I see cars that the plate is behind a smoked or dirty plate cover or one of those funky camera proof ones that you could only see the numbers if they had just run you over and were going straight away from you. :mad If I was LE those would be my primary targets!!!! Ok, I'm through now. Robert

Ooh, a rant! :thumbs

I agree that LE doesn't enforce the plate laws anyhow-I was pulled over frequently during the period that the front plates were supposed to be on, and it was never mentioned. I guess they were too busy pulling their pea shooters out to worry about a minor infraction. Glad they didn't have tazers back then!

M~

ps Robert-my dad always taught me NOT to clean the rear plate-let's not make it easy for Johnny Bull, he said.