NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

2 semi-new BRG tires for sale

ChadC

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mhp316

Hi Chad - If my current tires measure P275/40ZR18, and your offering is for P295/35ZR18, I assume they would fit my rim but would have a slightly smaller sidewall and be slightly wider on the footprint. Thoughts? How many miles on them approximately? - Michael P

I actually have the 295/35/18 drag radials on a set of stock C5 wagon wheels (18x9.5) and you can hardly tell the difference.

If he doesn't take them maybe I will. How old are these tires Chad?

Guest mhp316
I actually have the 295/35/18 drag radials on a set of stock C5 wagon wheels (18x9.5) and you can hardly tell the difference.

If he doesn't take them maybe I will. How old are these tires Chad?

Chad - I was hoping for a response from "someone impt" in the decision - I'll let u know Th/F for sure.

Quicksilver98

I am going to need a set of rears shortly. Gotta get the kids in school first. Of course they have both outgrown all their clothes so here we go clothes shopping.....just take me out and shoot me now! Maybe if you still have em in a month or so I will be knockin at your door.

Guest mhp316
I am going to need a set of rears shortly. Gotta get the kids in school first. Of course they have both outgrown all their clothes so here we go clothes shopping.....just take me out and shoot me now! Maybe if you still have em in a month or so I will be knockin at your door.

Chad - After 2.5 days of tracking down information, I am being advised that the tires are likely not a great match for stock rear 2000 C5 rims. According to the specs, my rim is 9.5" wide and your tires require a minimum of 10" wide rims. My other concern is whether the fender well can easily handle the wider width tires and all I can find out ois that the Z06 is in fact a slightly wider chassis than the C5 coupe. Did you ever have these tires on a stock C5 rim and mounted on a C5 body?

Chad - After 2.5 days of tracking down information, I am being advised that the tires are likely not a great match for stock rear 2000 C5 rims. According to the specs, my rim is 9.5" wide and your tires require a minimum of 10" wide rims. My other concern is whether the fender well can easily handle the wider width tires and all I can find out ois that the Z06 is in fact a slightly wider chassis than the C5 coupe. Did you ever have these tires on a stock C5 rim and mounted on a C5 body?

295 is fine for a 9.5 inch wheel... optimal is a 10 inch wheel, however half inch is fine. The tread on the tire measures 11.6 inches, so 1 inch total per side of the wheel is well within spec. I personally run 305s if possible on a 10 inch and 285-295 on a 9.5, and 275 on a 9 inch... and ive been around tires a LONG time!

Chad, do you have tread depth measurements? I am interested in these.

i'd be down for these as well if the two above don't make a move !!! :eek

Oh yeah ... I'm ready NOW !!! :toetap:popcorn::rockon2:

Guest mhp316
Ok, sounds like he does not want them.

How's next weekend (Aug 8/9) sound?

$200 right?

Just got back to the PC to read your response - looks like Bigfoot beat me to them. :<(

well ok crap.

while i want to honor the "first one to post" I am a realist.

the first one to give me cash takes them.

Hal, you are first in line.

my email is ccarpenter(using the AT symbol)futurenetaz.com please email me and we will make arrigments to meet. I am quite flexable with my job ( i have seen the boss naked)