NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

CAR CAME HOME AFTER 3 WEEKS THANKS LPM!

Guest azz061

Guest azz061

Had a new built Rpm stage 3 differential with all harden shafts and 3.73 gears installed. The gears have really awaken the beast the lies within. I highly encourage this as a mod to your car if looking for some seat of the pants difference.

The 6th gear in the car now actually feels like 5th did and no lag with throttle response for power! Tires however do spin alot easier in 1st without effort!

Well car now has entire new drive train and if it does not sell so i can buy Drews old Car thats for sale again we are looking at motor upgrade and a power adder on top of the nos system.

Great thanks to Mike for installing the diff and Jason for dealing with all the BS since Rpm said they shipped the diff 2 weeks ago and we come to find out it never shipped!

Well time to enjoy her now and get ready for the cruises coming up!

I second the motion on gears. I did 4.10's in mine, which should come out in the ballpark of a Z06 with 3.73's, and I don't regret it at all.

I still don't understand putting all the money in a car like this just to sell it. She's a beast...why sell?

I still don't understand putting all the money in a car like this just to sell it. She's a beast...why sell?

1. Bigger

2. Better

3. Faster

4. Newer

5. ?

1. Bigger

2. Better

3. Faster

4. Newer

5. ?

Umm, can't even keep that power down now. :lol

If you want newer...why dump more money in before the sell?

Guest azz061

I put the money in with the intent to keep her. But a deal comes along and you know the American way. My car is 100% solid and to be honest i really don't need anymore power. The car can run 10's in the 1/4 so i achieved my goal for the car. The gears were something i wanted to always do and now i know that everycar will get them from now on.

And for selling the market is soft and unless i find a person with cash the odds of selling now are 10% at best. But my car has achieved it's limits without yanking the motor and investing 7k for the next level. I am always looking for another car built at a bargain price vs pulling my motor. My engine is strong and all new except the crank and pistons which meet factory tolerances for everything so i basically have a brand new 2003 Z06.

As someone said Bigger,Faster and stronger.

What is the fastest you have ran? YOu say "it can run 10s"....Did it? Just curious...What is your fastest ET? And if so, what is your exact set up?

Glad you got it back Mike, either way you go...that one or Drew's old one, is a better choice than the Viper you were thinking about! :burnout2

Glad you got it back Mike, either way you go...that one or Drew's old one, is a better choice than the Viper you were thinking about! :burnout2

That I have to :agree with. Could not see myself in a clown shoe...even though I wear them. :lol

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... And all along I was thinking NA. Ok, so the power shot pulled you through. Are the 3.73s too much a gear or "just right"? Sometimes I think of swapping min eout to 3.73s or 3.90s, but with 505 rw torque, many say STAY 3.42s But I want that hard launch the M12s are giving the Z06s. The MN6s are a tad sluggish in 2nd gear pulls. So tall a gear, its like my transmission is on vacation.

Guest azz061

i ran the 10.52 on the 3.42 gears. I have not used the 3.73 yet! So this fall i will test them but not until then! I am sure i will get a few tenths! My car bone stock ran 11.97 and 11.98 with no mods and the 3.42 gears! Your car on slicks i know can do a 11.2 to 11.3

When you ran a 10.42, what tires were you running? Best I ran was a shoddy 11.9 with a crappy 1.9 sixty foot spinning all the way into 3rd. 11.2/11.3 is a stretch with street tires for me.

When you ran a 10.42, what tires were you running? Best I ran was a shoddy 11.9 with a crappy 1.9 sixty foot spinning all the way into 3rd. 11.2/11.3 is a stretch with street tires for me.

You could try THESE just for the track.

Guest 1FASTC4
The car can run 10's in the 1/4 so i achieved my goal for the car.

Congrats! Have you ever run 10's? Why I ask: I'm going to end up with a car with a ton of HP and I am wondering if it matters after a certain point. I mean, how much power can our light weight cars put down, with the rest being wasted on tire spin? It would be encouraging to know that, with IRS rear ends, we can get the car down the track in the 10's. This is why I ask. :)

Edit: Uhh I just read the rest of the posts in this thread ... besides the first one. I could just delete my post but maybe it will be good for laughing at the silly goober in Surprise(me).

*slinks off, embarrassed but laughing at self nonetheless*

Guest azz061

Power to the ground is all a matter of gears, tires and suspension, I went on a fun run at 6am and the new 3.73 gears feel awesome and i can smoke the tires with traction control on and little effort!