This summers project with the vette consists of the following:

Exotic Muscle Long tubes

Dewitts Radiator

Ported Intake

Ported / Worked Heads

52mm TB

24Lb SVO Injectors

1.5 Harland Sharp Roller Rockers

Cam (specs are: 276/281 advertised duration 224/230 duration at .050 tappet lift .503/.510 Intake and exhaust valve lift w/ 1.5 rocker arm ratio 112 degree lobe seperation)

Once the parts are installed it gets loaded up on a trailer and hauled over to TPIS for a tune / dyno run. (Damned speed density :( )

I'm waiting on the Long tube headers and radiator to show up before the fun begins, everything else is staged and ready to go.

Myself and Robwuk will be doing the wrenching, when I get some solid dates I will throw them up on the forums in case anybody wants to swing by / lend a hand or just watch. As always I will make sure we post some pictures of the pain and suffering.

I hand not planned on doing this work right now except the new motor I am building for the car is about a year off (there is no hurry as the motor in the car is in good health) and I have all these nice parts laying around the garage. I purchased almost all of these parts from PHXScooby who gave me a hell of a deal on his old motor (which had a bottom end knock). Once I tore it down and started planning the new build it was quickly evident the only items I can use off of that motor are the block itself and the intake. Heads will be AFR 195 Eliminators , I am looking at the Lunati 396 bottom end. Cam obviously has to be changed. The throttle body will have to be bumped to a 58mm , and injectors bumped up to #36 ect ect.

So that left me a very nice pile of almost new go fast parts that needed a home. Figure under the hood of the car on the current motor is better then on the shelf of the garage. :edward:

Definitely post up some dates. Depending on when and where I would love to watch/help. I may want to do some of the same types of things to mine some day. :thumbs

Interesting....I'll be watching your build closely. I've been slowly gathering parts for a long time, and much of what I've done

is teh same as yours, teh main diff is teh cam, I went with a Lingenfelter 219 with 1.6 Crane RR's. I've got my AFR 195's

already (but they are pre-Eliminator, but have had teh CNC comp porting package).

You're going to tow all teh way to TPiS for tuning? :willy

:facepalm: Is this a "Shifter" sponsered event? As he is the poster of Teh on this board

:shifter:

022.jpg

Someone has da mod fever!!!!

Breathing was my main concern, I still don't know if it's going to be enough for teh cam I picked.....

100_1535.jpg

92ZR1Wannabe
Interesting....I'll be watching your build closely. I've been slowly gathering parts for a long time, and much of what I've done

is teh same as yours, teh main diff is teh cam, I went with a Lingenfelter 219 with 1.6 Crane RR's. I've got my AFR 195's

already (but they are pre-Eliminator, but have had teh CNC comp porting package).

You're going to tow all teh way to TPiS for tuning? :willy

The "Final Build" will use the following:

195 CC Eliminators

1.7 Ratio Crane Roller Rockers :o

TPIS ZZX Cam - Advertised Duration 290/290. Duration @.050 239/239. Gross Lift .558/.558. Lobe Seperation 112

Ported Intake (Which is going on the car shortly, it will be reused on the new motor)

All of that fun will start in January.

All the stuff listed in the OP is going on soley because its in the garage right now just begging for a reason to go on the car. I broke down and ordered my EM longtubes to replace my Hooker shorties and I needed a better radiator anyway since I had the stall added................. so with all that crazyness going on its only a short step to do all the stuff listed in the original post.

TPIS is the only place that I have found so far that works with the old speed density LT1 cars. Either them or mail order it from PCM for less. In order to get a good mail order tune I need to have the heads flowed to know how much air they actually move (being they are worked), there is always a chance it will be wrong.. Figured screw it , I have a trailer and truck at my disposal so I will load it up and go drop it off.

Below are some pictures of the heads / intake that are going on my car this month. I took the pics as I was tearing down the motor I bought from PHXScooby. It is now stripped down to the short block and covered up on the engine stand awaiting the bottom end kit / machine work.

As you can see, it would be a shame to let these things rot in my garage ;)

P1000209.jpg

P1000210.jpg

Intake

P1000220.jpg

Anyway , none of the parts that are going on it this summer are going to make it a 10 second car. However it will be a modest bump in HP and it should tide me over till this winter when the real fun begins.

92ZR1Wannabe

Lol @ the 3 posts while trying to upload and post some pics :P

92ZR1Wannabe

With the mods going on this month.........

No Idea - Well find out when TPIS tunes / Dynos it.

Come January when its time to start the fun build:

I would expect to easily see 450rwph. Most 383 or 396 LT1 builds using good heads / intake / cam have been landing 450-475ish at the wheels.

The setup I am putting together will mirror a build "Street Thunder" did a year or so ago.

Their build which used most of the same parts landed 552 CHP / 484 FT Lbs.

That would be roughly 453rwhp / 397 Ft Lbs through a auto and more then enough to have some fun :)

Wow! I'll be happy to see 350-360, but I'm staying with teh 350.....Also, teh L98 TPI is going to gain more torque than HP.

As long as everything stays together reliably, I'll be a grinning 'Shifter.... :banannadance: