'62 Corvette wins Street Machine of the Year

MOTV8

I applaud the work they did, but I would have loved to see the original front end on it. Call me a purists, but it just looks cooler than this modded one!

I would have used different rims also!!!

I applaud the work they did, but I would have loved to see the original front end on it. Call me a purists, but it just looks cooler than this modded one!

I would have used different rims also!!!

:withstupid

besides those wheels the car is really nice but those wheels are.... :ack

I think they felt bad for the team that spent all of that time and money on that hideous creature of a machine and gave them the award, that thing is down right ugly.But it's still cool because it is a Corvette. :partydance:

Wishbone makes a good point.

Not only did they beat that car with the ugly stick, but I think they may have shoved that stick somewhere that sticks weren't meant to go. On a positive note, drugs that induce vomiting can now be replaced with images of that car. See... The hot rod community doing it's part to end our country's dependency on pharmaceuticals.

Yup your right, if we just stripped the car back down to bare frame and started all over again, I might consider the Vette a Vette!

It's interesting .. just doesn't float my boat.

For me, needs more shine like the '62 it was based on. Red with white cove, chrome instead of aluminum sheen, and chrome 5 spoke or even Halibrand style gray spokes w/polished rims .. instead it comes across as almost a rat-rod version .. and I have seen my share of primer early '60's vettes when I was growin up :)

That's just me tho :)