NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

I'm keeping Doug Bromley busy

Guest 1FASTC4

Guest 1FASTC4

I've got my C4 over at Doug's shop. This car is my first hot rod and I allowed a friend to talk me into going quite conservative on the first incarnation of the modded engine. I wanted a car that was a real beast and while my car was fun to drive, it was still quite tamer than what I was looking for. Also, I made a few rookie mistakes as far as where I mounted things. Doug is conjuring up the car I always wanted.

I'm ditching the Dart heads w/ 195 runners for some AFR's with 215 runners. Swapping the Holley 750 for an 850. Changing the old rpm performer intake for a Super Victor. Perhaps most importantly, I am swapping my relatively tame cam for a real monster of a solid roller sound stick.

Lots of other little things too! Relocating the spark retard, fuel pump, MSD, and tranny cooler out of the engine bay. New radiator, balancer. It's taken me three or four years but I'll finally have the hotrod I've been wanting. Doug estimates the car will come in at somewhere from 500 to 550 HP and it will rev quite a bit higher. Gonna add another fuel pump to ensure the 200 shot doesn't cause the motor to lean out when I press the NOS button. 750 HP? I'm very excited!

Some before pics:

Steves86hotrodvettebefour008.jpg

Steves86hotrodvettebefour007.jpg

I used to have a bad oil leak... took me a long time to find it and it really made a mess of the bottom of the car:

Steves86hotrodvettebefour004.jpg

Off with the old:

Steves86hotrodvette001-1.jpg

On with the new:

Steves86hotrodvette102.jpg

Steves86hotrodvette103.jpg

Doug fabbed up some solid motor mounts so I wouldn't be busting grommets from the torque

Steves86hotrodvette104.jpg

Steves86hotrodvette105.jpg

Relocated fuel pump and tranny cooler away from engine heat.

Steves86coolerandfuelpump002.jpg

I may change the valve covers to these:

6701.gif

I've been told Doug's has expertise in hotrodding cars and he does not disappoint. Doug really listened and understood what I wanted, adding many great suggestions of his own. He's clearly quite knowledgeable in hotrodding. I can't wait to get my car on the street!

92ZR1Wannabe

!!!!!!!!

Damn Nice!!

What are you going to do about keeping a rear end under the car? I would assume since your car is a auto you still have the D36 under there? Even if it was a D44 you might be going a bit out of its capability.

But damn , its sure gonna be sweet!

Desertdawg

Those old heads would make a crossfire owner pretty happy!!!

Can't wait till its on the street.

Very nice, that c-4 was pretty fast to start with, I'd like to see it when your back on the street. :cool

Desertdawg

Steve! Attend an ACE event :lol

Maybe with the new mods we can get him out of the kitchen... :bolt:

Bromley's Corvettes

Some cam specs for a mild street strip vette lol. 628 lift on intake and 655 on exhaust.

Guest 1FASTC4
!!!!!!!!

Damn Nice!!

What are you going to do about keeping a rear end under the car? I would assume since your car is a auto you still have the D36 under there? Even if it was a D44 you might be going a bit out of its capability.

Thanks Fellas! I'd sure like to make more A.C.E. events. I really enjoyed the few I've been to and everyone here has been very helpful towards me. My Mr. Mom weekend role usually has me tied to the.... kitchen. lol

The car has a D44 in it, installed by our own Classic Gold. There's so much back there that can break.... spindles, half shafts and more. I know there is a Ford 9" kit for our cars that pretty much bolts in but I would think that having a solid axle back there would reduce how well the car handles and I enjoy the car on the street as well as the strip.

Just don't put slicks (or street slicks) on 'er, and you should be okay.... :3gears:

I'm ditching the Dart heads w/ 195 runners for some AFR's with 215 runners.

Just curious...since you're "ditching" the Dart heads, what do you want for them and how old are they/miles? We may be interested.

See, I told ya!

The latest Vette mag, and a great piece on upgrading the standard rear end. It's a good read.

what about those head? Might be worth adding them while I'm adding the new intake.

See, I told ya!

LOL, now that's funny!

Tim, It's NOT a good idea to use 195s on a stock motor or even a slightly modded 350 CF, you will be hating life and the motor won't run right. Jim runs 195 Trick Flows on his 383 and they work ok, but he is pushing the envelope with those runners and a CF...it's all about "velocity" on a wet system. We have some testing coming up and I was just wondering what the heads might go for and then see if we were interested. Even with the Renegade, you won't like them. Go with the 170/180s if you want better heads on your stock motor.