NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Who wants to take over at ACE Central ?

BSeery

For those that don't already know, Tracy and I will be moving to Tennessee sometime in the next few months. Probably not until end of March or April, but that is still pretty soon.

I will need someone in the next month to step up and take over both the ACE site, as far as ownership and paying of the bills, and to take over the shirts - ordering, paying, collecting - all that jazz.

Dwayne Tomko has stepped forward to act as Administrator / Moderator for the site. I will be "training" him on all the background tasks. I need someone who will take ownership of the ArizonaVette.net domain and take over paying the bills at MidPhase for the web space we use. $35 / year to own the domain - due again in November. The web space is paid quarterly and I think it runs about $10 - $12 / month.

For the shirts, you will need to establish a Pay Pal account or change the way money is collected and paid.

Please let me know if you can step forward for one or both of these tasks.

3,503 lbs of trouble
Dwayne Tomko has stepped forward to act as Administrator / Moderator for the site. I need someone who will take ownership of the ArizonaVette.net domain and take over paying the bills at MidPhase for the web space we use.

Dwayne, you're not going to take over all the reigns? I think it seems appropriate, that is, if you want the site.

If no one else jumps in then I will have to. :toetap

I can keep the site running and the forum alive. anyone else want to be in charge of the bills???

Bueller?.....Bueller?.......Bueller?

I will do it for ACE. :thumbs

OK -- I will be getting with you in the next month or so about transfering your name and all that to the current hosting site.

Bryan and Phil - you might want to see if there are any better deals to be had on BOTH hosting and domain.

$35 is pretty steep - i think i pay like $7.95 a year at godaddy.com - and i also host my sites there for $99/year (traffic allotment is pretty sufficient and i haven't had many problems with them as far as down time, customer service, etc.)

just thought i'd pass that on - you can transfer the domain there - i'm sure they could tell you how - not to mention GODADDY is LOCAL - they are located in scottsdale! :drinkers

The domain is paid until 11/06, so nothing needs to change on that.

And as far as server space / service being either $99 / year or $120 - 140 / year, I would rather stay with the company that we have now. Their downtime has been extremely low, and when it does go down they fix it within 5 minutes of it being reported (usually a SQL database error on the forum, which is not their fault anyway).

If someone wants to transfer to another company after the amount I have paid for is up, that is up to them. I will no longer be involved with it at that point.

Hey Phil,

Bryan will vouch for the fact that I will help out with the bills!!

I like this place and the people, so I don't want to see it disappear!!

As unorganized as we are, Bryan has done one HELL of a job of coming up with ideas for events and seeing them through!!

I wish to Thank Bryan and Tracy for providing a venue for me to meet other Corvette people locally, after my move from Illinois!! Somehow I found out about the Gila Bend BBQ two years ago thru CF and found this place!! :thumbs:thumbs

Legend says the concept for this group was to wrench on Vettes and share knowledge!

Now we pay others to wrench on the cars so we can go fast and drink beer!! :drinkers:drinkers

This happening should be more of a passing of the baton, to the next bunch of family! We shall see who is the Alpha male and where the sheep will be led!! :howdy:howdy

I hate to see you guys leave Bryan, at least I'll be close enough to visit you two in July from the Z06 Fest!!

Ken

The domain is paid until 11/06, so nothing needs to change on that.

And as far as server space / service being either $99 / year or $120 - 140 / year, I would rather stay with the company that we have now. Their downtime has been extremely low, and when it does go down they fix it within 5 minutes of it being reported (usually a SQL database error on the forum, which is not their fault anyway).

If someone wants to transfer to another company after the amount I have paid for is up, that is up to them. I will no longer be involved with it at that point.

I can't agree more Bryan! Compare the down time on this Forum to the CF. It's night and day.

Cheaper is not always best. If we all chip in to help I think we've got a good dependable service now. :thumbs

3,503 lbs of trouble
Compare the down time on this Forum to the CF.  It's night and day. Cheaper is not always best.

Plus the current host offers use of this forum software for free. If others even have it, they may charge for it. Otherwise our own copy would have to be licensed from invisionboard.com for $69.00 a year, or $189.00 for indefinite use, so factor that in if you plan to switch hosts.

I haven't been with you guys for very long but from what I have seen, Bryan and Tracy have done an awesome job with this forum. I don't get on here too often but I like to read up on whats going on with everyone. I'm glad I was able to help a little with your race car. Good luck with the move and don't forget to keep in touch through the forum so we know what's going on with you.

Do you guys need an accountant that is not part of the mob??? :P

Andrew