'97 C5, 50k miles, under $9k

Ted Y

I went and looked at this car. It's a red/black auto with chrome thin spoke wheels. The car had been damaged in the front bumper cover. The entire car was freshly repainted but needed buffing and polishing still. It still needed a new front bumper cover, paint and install. The headlight assemblies needed to be installed, the door handles needed to be installed, the trim around the windows and interior door panels needed to be installed, there was a large tear in the passenger seat cushion, all the lights needed to be refitted, the gas lid needed to be installed, the tires were bald, cracked and flat and needed replacing. It needed all new carpet as well.

It did not have a battery in it but he said it ran last week. I did not see any leaks. It was jammed into the back of the garage and he could not pull it out. Covered in dust inside and outside.

There could be a lot of mechanical things this car needed also that I couldn't tell. If it were all done in excellent condition, I'd say it would be worth 12-13k.

It needs probably 2000 in parts to finish the car, 1500 for tires, and about 1500 for paint and installation labor. Probably worth about $6000 as it sits. You can buy a complete car that runs with a few issues under 10k.

Get a battery to see how it runs. If it runs goo offer him $4,000 and see if he takes it. Might be worth it then.