Adding Photos?

GR8WHITE

Ok, so I went to my album to upload some pics and when I clicked ADD IMAGE, the page sits there in idle forever. Is there a size restriction or is your upload feature whacked out?

My photo is 1.57 MB in size.

I read the "General Rules and Guidelines" and it don't say jack about photos or size restrictions.

Assistance?

Attaching a photo to see if it works here.....

I guess it will because it says "Max single upload size: 2MB" so what's up with Members Albums?

Ok, so I went to my album to upload some pics and when I clicked ADD IMAGE, the page sits there in idle forever. Is there a size restriction or is your upload feature whacked out?

My photo is 1.57 MB in size.

I read the "General Rules and Guidelines" and it don't say jack about photos or size restrictions.

Assistance?

Attaching a photo to see if it works here.....

I guess it will because it says "Max single upload size: 2MB" so what's up with Members Albums?

Ok, so THAT didn't work. What's the deal with adding photos? This isn't brain surgery. How hard can it be?

Ok, no one knows how to upload the pics or what is wrong with the upload feature? I mean, it is pretty self explanatory, but it is not working...... Anyone?

I'll look into it this week Glenn, Phil did most of the gallery work so I need to figure it out!!!

Thanks buddy. Yeah, it was frusterating cause I sat here for like 30 minutes trying to figure it out and I know its not me. Hahahahaha

They ar ejust not uploading using any method. Maybe a glitch in the coding or something. But, HOT LINKING from a site such as photobucket using the IMG link works.

• 1 year later...

Ok I am a newbie, so why do I find it hard to post pic on signature page...am I on secret double probation? seems odd..

Ok I am a newbie, so why do I find it hard to post pic on signature page...am I on secret double probation? seems odd..

If your pics are hosted on someplace like photobucket use the "direct link" instead of the image tag [img\]. Use the image tag for posting pics while posting.

Direct Link = http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m256/Bi...lemente/169.jpg

Image tag = %7Boption%7Dhttp://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m256/Bigfoot99/San%20Clemente/169.jpg[/img ]

Check how much attachment space you've already used

anmracing2

We have had pretty good luck with Flickr.com. You can choose the size of photo you want to post from there.

A~

My experments have told me not to upload anything bigger than 1MB to ACE.

the software crashes and hangs.

We have had pretty good luck with Flickr.com. You can choose the size of photo you want to post from there.

A~

...and most all of mine are in a Picasa album specific for "public linking". No problems yet!

• 2 weeks later...
I can't figure it out either.

What service are you trying to use to host your photos? Picassa, photobucket, ?? Each are a bit different in obtaining the link you would use to insert into the message via Insert Image icon.. but once you have the direct link... which you should be able to test by pasting it into your browser location (e.g. http://www.photoservice.com/blah/blah/photo.jpg) which should display to you the photo you wish to link... then you reply/add message, click the "Insert Image" icon, left of the "email" icon, paste in your link/URL, and hit OK. You should then see only the link, surrounded by IMG tags as Bigfoot noted above. Once you submit your message, only then will your photo be displayed... it won't display with "Preview Post". If it doesn't show up in the actual post... you can go back and edit it to try to fix it until you get the desired results.

• 1 month later...

yes it is for uploading from your puter, you can't use it to upload from the internet like photobucket...