NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

AZPS02 results in a 02 Z06!

Guest AZ Power & Sound

Guest AZ Power & Sound

Graph to come soon...

mods were LG Longtubes, Vararam, GHL cat back and AZPS02 cam package!

431 rwhp, 390 rwtq!

no tricks, no extra mods... And it drives BEAUTIFUL!

dyno.jpg

Graph to come soon...

431 rwhp, 390 rwtq!

is this the guy that picked up his car today????? :eek

:burnout

Guest AZ Power & Sound
Graph to come soon...

431 rwhp, 390 rwtq!

is this the guy that picked up his car today????? :eek

:burnout

yep!

Great Job Mike, Love the sound and drivability of this cam. I was worried doing the cam and clutch at the same time, but they work very well together. The numbers were right on. I'm happy to say the least. Next is heads, might be a while though. Also big thanks to Nick for the tune. He did a great job.

Joe

Guest AZ Power & Sound
Nice HP number, but the TQ seems a bit low.  What are the specs for this cam?

The torque is actually rediculously high for LS1s... the majority wont crack 370 torque on a big cam... there are only 2 in AZ to EVER crack 400 tq to my knowledge on stock heads, and neither were in vettes... the huge cams tend to flatten out the torque curve, but they seldom add a whole lot of torque to the mix! We do offer our AZPS01 which was dubbed the "Torque cam", however its pretty tiny and while it offers a lot of torque and low down power, it does suffer up top!

Far as the specs go, Top Secret unless you buy the cam :)

Guest AZ Power & Sound
hey Mike - where's they chart? :toetap

Pro Dyno decided to close for a week :mad

I will get the graphs off their computer on next monday

The torque is actually rediculously high for LS1s... the majority wont crack 370 torque on a big cam... there are only 2 in AZ to EVER crack 400 tq to my knowledge on stock heads, and neither were in vettes... the huge cams tend to flatten out the torque curve, but they seldom add a whole lot of torque to the mix! We do offer our AZPS01 which was dubbed the "Torque cam", however its pretty tiny and while it offers a lot of torque and low down power, it does suffer up top!

Rediculously high? Seems most of the big cam only results on LS1TECH.com that I've read show about 410/390. From what I've been reading 390 seems relatively normal, I just would have expected a little higher considering the 431 HP figure. You make a good point that the results aren't in a Vette. Probably most of the figures I'm reading are F bodies.

I'm no expert by any means and no disrespect to your results was intended. That is a substantial HP increase if it is cam only with stock heads. Congratulations.

My next upgrade will be a cam (and probably heads - might as well do them at the same time). I was only interested in comparing the AZPS02 with the LG G5X3. If you won't tell what the exact figures are, is it similar to the LG cam? :D

Rediculously high?  Seems most of the big cam only results on LS1TECH.com that I've read show about 410/390.  From what I've been reading 390 seems relatively normal, I just would have expected a little higher considering the 431 HP figure.  You make a good point that the results aren't in a Vette.  Probably most of the figures I'm reading are F bodies.

Well the biggest thing is to not pay much attention to results posted on LS1tech. Most of the results posted are "padded" a bit and not indicative in of what it will really do without any tricks in AZ. 390 rwtq is actually higher than normal for arizona with no tricks on a cam only car.

Rediculously high?  Seems most of the big cam only results on LS1TECH.com that I've read show about 410/390.  From what I've been reading 390 seems relatively normal, I just would have expected a little higher considering the 431 HP figure.  You make a good point that the results aren't in a Vette.  Probably most of the figures I'm reading are F bodies.

Well the biggest thing is to not pay much attention to results posted on LS1tech. Most of the results posted are "padded" a bit and not indicative in of what it will really do without any tricks in AZ. 390 rwtq is actually higher than normal for arizona with no tricks on a cam only car.

Thanks for the reply.

I know those figures should be taken with a grain of salt. There's a lot of BS flying around on that site :crazy But then which numbers do you take seriously?

It sounds like AZP&S has found a cam that outperforms the others. If in fact that is true, then I'll be their next customer :thumbs So.....how do we all judge the numbers?

I'm not trying to slam AZP&S, however, they have to be able to defend their cam with some facts. Mike stated the torque is rediculously high and you confirm that. I just want a bit more information to make my decision. There are a lot of cam choices out there.

Mike, I'll come and see you after the holidays :drinkers

I know those figures should be taken with a grain of salt. There's a lot of BS flying around on that site :crazy But then which numbers do you take seriously?

It sounds like AZP&S has found a cam that outperforms the others. If in fact that is true, then I'll be their next customer :thumbs So.....how do we all judge the numbers?

I'm not trying to slam AZP&S, however, they have to be able to defend their cam with some facts. Mike stated the torque is rediculously high and you confirm that. I just want a bit more information to make my decision. There are a lot of cam choices out there.

I guess the only numbers you can take seriously are numbers that are made here in Phoenix. The reason I say that is because I have never seen a car dyno here in Phoenix the same that they have dyno'd anywhere else. I have gotten plenty of cars from other states, etc that made the numbers there but were down 20 rwhp/tq or more here. Now whether that is attributed to AZ's crappy gas, bad air quality, or a "padded" run on the dyno elsewhere is anybody's guess.

Making horsepower at WOT is fairly easy, you have timing and fuel that you can change so it is fairly easy to make the most power the combo is capable of.

YOU GO MIKE AND NICK!

i hope you can tweak the crap outta my FRC when that damn supercharger gets back!

to quote tanya - greatgogglymoogly -

I miss my car!

Guest AZ Power & Sound

Rediculously high? Seems most of the big cam only results on LS1TECH.com that I've read show about 410/390. From what I've been reading 390 seems relatively normal, I just would have expected a little higher considering the 431 HP figure. You make a good point that the results aren't in a Vette. Probably most of the figures I'm reading are F bodies.

I'm no expert by any means and no disrespect to your results was intended. That is a substantial HP increase if it is cam only with stock heads. Congratulations.

My next upgrade will be a cam (and probably heads - might as well do them at the same time). I was only interested in comparing the AZPS02 with the LG G5X3. If you won't tell what the exact figures are, is it similar to the LG cam? :D

its similar in size... LG G5X3 cams generally make 405-415 on a Z06 car with around 370 torque AT MOST. For comparison my G5X4 makes 419 rwhp and about 380 rwtq.

Guest AZ Power & Sound

Thanks for the reply.

the best way to compare numbers is look at local results. We only have 91 octane, we have crap air etc... so were ALWAYS going to be 20-30 rwhp shy of the others in the country with sea level air and 93-94 octane. Joe currently holds the corvette cam only record in AZ by a pretty decent margin and the cam we used in his car is SIGNIFICANTLY smaller then the car behind his with the next highest power :) Its pretty impressive that we can set national records though with our cam even on handicapped conditions like we did with the GTOs!

alright, hold off on all installs. I like holding the title for cam only car. LOL.

Hey Mike, how much more horse power do you think those guys tuned for 93 octane get?

Next on the list is to fix the trany, then get tires, then heads. in that order. Can't wait to see the results on the track...

Joe

Guest AZ Power & Sound
alright, hold off on all installs. I like holding the title for cam only car. LOL.

Hey Mike, how much more horse power do you think those guys tuned for 93 octane get?

Next on the list is to fix the trany, then get tires, then heads. in that order. Can't wait to see the results on the track...

Joe

Take Nic on a vacation to texas or new jersey or similar and tune for 94 octane I bet you walk away with 450 rwhp... most of those guys can run 30 degrees of timing and have negative DAs for super dense air!

I saw a guy on the corvette forums post his track results, with a cartek h/c package ran 10.5 at like 129/130. He said his DA was like -800 feet. I wish we we're running in those conditions. I think someone once said figure 1.5 tenths per thousand feet. So for where I race in Tuscon that would be close to 7.5 tenths of a second slower. Still a great time, but 11.3/11.2 doesn't sound as near as nice as a 10.5 run. So I guess as long as you compare apples top apples and oranges to oranges Mikes cams are doing very well.

Guest AZ Power & Sound
I saw a guy on the corvette forums post his track results, with a cartek h/c package ran 10.5 at like 129/130. He said his DA was like -800 feet. I wish we we're running in those conditions. I think someone once said figure 1.5 tenths per thousand feet. So for where I race in Tuscon that would be close to 7.5 tenths of a second slower. Still a great time, but 11.3/11.2 doesn't sound as near as nice as a 10.5 run. So I guess as long as you compare apples top apples and oranges to oranges Mikes cams are doing very well.

a different comparo, but my old roomies 99 Cobra went from 12.9@106 to 12.6@109 just changing from firebird to a track in texas... that was a bolt on and geared car.

a different comparo, but my old roomies 99 Cobra went from 12.9@106 to 12.6@109 just changing from firebird to a track in texas... that was a bolt on and geared car.

My best at Firebird was 13.73. I go out to Speedworld and run a 13.3 - no changes, and it might have even been warmer out at Speedworld.

The only true way to know is to run tests on an engine dyno and to use the very same dyno each time. Next would be the chassis dyno, and again, you need to use the same one.

Beyond that, you are probably looking at differences that could be +/- 3-5%.

Don't get caught up in the numbers game!

A daily driver is never going to match a dyno queen!

Mod your car, enjoy that rush!

When that gets old or too non-scarry (I can't put slow and Corvette in the same mental concept), mod some more!

There are guys on the east coast that have run 11.90's in a bone stock Z with nothing but great track prep, DA, and tune!!

Enjoy the car!!

Ken

Guest XLR8TNC5
its similar in size... LG G5X3 cams generally make 405-415 on a Z06 car with around 370 torque AT MOST. For comparison my G5X4 makes 419 rwhp and about 380 rwtq.

I can vouch for the figures Mike quoted here. As my car with the LG G5X3 cam is making 403/378. But its no Zo6. lol. (I don't have heads yet either.) But I do have a lot of other "stuff" done.

Congrats to Mike and Nic. You two are definitely kicking ass!

Tanya