NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

1998 Z-51 Coupe $9000

Grayeagle

SOLD

I have been out of work now since last October.

Registry work as an LPN has not been there .. I have worked 4 days since the beginning of the year.

I have to either sell the Vette or turn it in to the Lender.

Payoff is just under 9k, so I'm askin 9k to get out from under it and not have to turn it in.

I have about 30 days .. insurance will be cancelled on it the 11th .. grrr.

Details:

1998 Z-51 Black-on-black coupe, lowered a bit, 3.15 gears, B&B bullets, Halibrand rims (stock sizes), T/A's in the back (stickier than stockers)

124k miles. Doesnt burn any oil, runs 13's out at Speedworld, gets 30mpg or a tad more at 70mph.

Bra on the front to cover up all the dings from daily driving. Limo tint on the back window, legal limit tint on sides.

Problems: headlights dont flip up an down anymore, roof panel clearcoat is peeling.

A/C has to be recharged every coupla months.

She's no hangar queen, love to drive her.

I hate like hell to sell, sounds great, looks awesome, more or less.. just needs a little TLC that I cant afford atm.

rear34_noBSM.jpg

IMG_0753.jpg

IMG_0759.jpg

-Frank P. Williamson

602-841-1396

p51grayeagle@yahoo.com

1. Very sorry to hear about the work troubles.

2. Put it on Craigslist today. It's free and lots of people look at it.

3. Try CarMax.

Desertdawg

Sorry to hear your having a rough time Frank, I hope things start getting better for you soon!

Sorry to hear Frank...

I'll tell anyone that will listen that your car is a smokin deal....

Thanks for the kind words;

If it does sell I will be gettin another when I get back to full time anywhere.. may be awhile tho.

I found out I may qualify for Vocational Rehab thru the VA ..goin thru eval and testing to determine that over the next few months.

If entitled, they actually can send me to school full time to finish a bach degree in a field I am interested in and have the skill set for.

Even found an online program that hits all the areas I need to sharpen up on .. bach of arts in game design ..and 3d artists w/ a degree and some experience start at 65k and go up from there even for a US Gov position (yassir, they use 'em to build their simulation data base set models, maps, an such)

I just dont perform as well physically as I did 20 years ago :) .. desk job r me looks like.

If things go well .. mebbe a Z06 in a year or two.

-Frank

things always change

Hey Frank, sorry to hear that you must let her go, I know it must hurt and feel your pain. However... Tell me more about the paint issues front and top. Is it just the clear coat on top starting to peel and paint is ok and stone chips out front? Are the chips in the nose or the fiberglass as well? What about the headlights? Are both mechanisms bad or wiring issue? One more thing, is that an auto?

Problems: headlights dont flip up an down anymore, roof panel clearcoat is peeling.

A/C has to be recharged every coupla months.

You can PM if you want or answer here.

Sorry to hear about your troubles Frank.

Stacie and I will keep you and Kathy in our prayres. :angelsad

:xfinger

nvm sorry bro, i need a pedal car... : ( good luck with the sale im definitely going to spread the word

Hey Frank, sorry to hear this. I'm spreading the word to a couple of guys who may be interested. Good luck with the job market. My son just recently found a job in the computer industry and in this economy we were greatly surprised. Best of luck to you.

I have 5 people comin over to look at it this weekend, thanks for the tip to list it on Craigslist.

One father-son team already stopped by .. I dunno if I scared the crap out of 'em or not .. he said 'it's loud' and not much else when we got back :)

I punched it goin onto the Freeway on ramp ... it really does get up to 80mph rather quickly and sounds *great* doin it .. then was slowing to merge with traffic ..not yer typical trundle car.

I *hate* sellin it.

The clearcoat is peeling on the roof panel fairly extensively now, started showing bubbles in it a year ago.

Classic Gold said they'd completely repaint it for <$500 and it would come out looking better than new.

(Chevy is famous for their orange peel effects :)

The front clip needs sanding-repaint due to all the little chips and dings in it.. it looked beat up when I bought it and the daily driving didn't do any favors.

The Bra covers all that nicely ..figured it would last till I could get the car repainted.

Paint is 11 years old. It has a few 'issues' here and there.

It still looks awesome from 10 feet away :) .. definitely not 'pristine' tho.

I replaced the headlight controller and the connector into it. There were pins that were completely rusted away, it's a wonder it worked at all.

The night they stopped working, both motors melted the caps right off their shafts, so the water caused internal problems with the motors themselves.

After replacing the controller, the left headlight motor chatters hard (possible chewed plastic gear) and the right motor is inop entirely so I pulled the fuses and figured to wait until I could get both motors sorted out. Eddie gave me a right side motor ..figured to get a left and just replace them .. or get one of the kits out there to do away with the flippy doors all together, as they are another system that can fail.

I cant beleive the system was done in by a heavy rainstorm initially and I have to wonder if gettin the doors up an working is worth the effort.

The car is priced fairly low due to the condition of the paint and the headlight flippy doors. It's an opportunity for someone to paint it the color they want it, and altho the headlight flippy doors are a relatively easy fix, it just takes money that I do not have and havent had for awhile now.

-Frank (did I mention I hate like hell to have to sell it? .. gonna cost a heck of a lot more to replace it)

I've had nothing but good luck selling everything on Craigslist, as long as you price it well. Just don't take a check as there are too many terrific forgers out there. Get cash or a wire transfer direct to your bank. You should have it gone by Monday is my guess.

I wanted to see it, but honestly, it's not what I'm looking for. Tempting tho!

Ted

Car sold today to Bob in Tucson, .. he drove up, was hooked the moment I started it up.

He owns a black SS truck -so he's all about how to keep 'em shiny :)

-Frank

Congrats and sorry at the same time.

Stay with us and let us know what's going on with you and Kathy.