NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Needed - Passenger side C5 headlight motor

Ted Y

A buddy at work needs this to correct the grinding noise when the headlight goes down. He has a 2002 and said he doesn't want to pry open the motor to change the gear. I've read that is a temp fix anyway.

Does anyone have one laying around or know where we can get one cheaper than a dealer?

Thanks

I'd check with Ed, the mack-daddy parts man and see what he can get them for.

Quicksilver98

To buy him some more time he should be able to disconnect the arm on the motor and rotate it 180 degrees by hand and re-attach the arm. Since it only uses half the gear to raise and lower the headlights the other half should be in near new condition. (As long as this procedure hasn't been done before to that side) I did this to mine last summer and it worked like a champ. Bought me enough time to get the brass gears and haven't had a problem with em since.

Guest Sidewinder
To buy him some more time he should be able to disconnect the arm on the motor and rotate it 180 degrees by hand and re-attach the arm. Since it only uses half the gear to raise and lower the headlights the other half should be in near new condition. (As long as this procedure hasn't been done before to that side) I did this to mine last summer and it worked like a champ. Bought me enough time to get the brass gears and haven't had a problem with em since.

We already flipped the gear 180. Same results.

I found him a GM new motor for $100 on eBay. He is waiting for it to arrive.