NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

skip-shift eliminator

Manthony

Hi All,

I've had a skip-shift eliminator for a while. I finally got around to trying to install it yesterday, only to find out the I need to access an electrical harness under the transmission. Without lifting the car, there's no way I can get at that. I don't have jack-pucks or ramps, so I'm kind of stuck. Any thoughts of a shop in tucson, maybe an oil change place with a pit that would let me under the car for the 5 minutes it will take to install this thing? If not, how much do jack-pucks cost? Any other ideas? THanks!

PS- I love my vette, but it is a huge pain in the ass to work on...

Hi All,

I've had a skip-shift eliminator for a while. I finally got around to trying to install it yesterday, only to find out the I need to access an electrical harness under the transmission. Without lifting the car, there's no way I can get at that. I don't have jack-pucks or ramps, so I'm kind of stuck. Any thoughts of a shop in tucson, maybe an oil change place with a pit that would let me under the car for the 5 minutes it will take to install this thing? If not, how much do jack-pucks cost? Any other ideas? THanks!

PS- I love my vette, but it is a huge pain in the ass to work on...

I got a garage with jacks and jack stands and tools and a fan and a radio and a couch. You're more than welcome to do it here. Any time so's long as I'm home. Holla at me... 520-979-9889

Desertdawg

Big Poppa stepping up as the Tucson mack daddy of help!!!

Way to go ! :ACE:

92ZR1Wannabe
I got a garage with jacks and jack stands and tools and a fan and a radio and a couch.

Ha , I knew there was something else I needed in my garage!

I bet the amount of work that gets done is directly proportional to the size and quality of the couch though! IE Bigger nice couch = less work and more lounging and drinking beer.

Ya wanna hang with the boys in the garage, ya gotsta have da couch....

Hey Big Poppa, thanks for the offer. I travel a lot for work, so I'm not sure when I'm going to be around in the near future and have time to be able to take you up on that. I really apprecaite it though.